Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Nissan Forum Posters,

I am president of the Georgia Tuners Association and I recently purchased my new vehicle a 2002 V-SPEC. My old car was a 2k Civic, and that car taught me alot about tuning. The V-Spec will be my first hardcore performance import as I hope to be running boost in it one day.

For now I'll get the four main components for any new import:

- Rims & Tires
- Exhaust
- Cold Air Intake
- Minor Drop Springs (maybe coilovers)

I am disapointed the bodykit market has not kicked in for our Sentra's yet, but I see some bad ass kits for the Impreza WRX, and the bodystyle is similar, so I have hopes.

A little about myself, I am turning 21 on August 6th, and I have been president of GTA for a few months now. My organization was constructed with careful planning and heavy guidelines. Consider us the "anti-rice" club. If you have any questions about my club, feel free to ask, we are open to all cars, including domestic and imports.

I look forward to posting here more as I have alot of questions about the V-SPEC.

- GTA President

Edit: Forgive my sleepy brain, SPEC-V, not V-SPEC. Fixed my sig too. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you have a website for the organization? BTW, welcome to the board, I'm kinda new here myself :)

Sounds like you're a real tuner guy yourself. So may I ask why YOU chose the Spec V over everything else in the market? I've also heard that the QR25 is not tune friendly, any comments from an expert?

C-Ya around!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to see another GA boy! You'll have to fill me in more on your organization and if you plan any meets/get togethers. I'm on the North side of Atlanta.

I just got my Spec V in March/April and so far have held off on doing any mods. I autocross and have been working on my other car (88 CRX Si). Since my Spec is my daily driver I'm pretty much just waiting to do any mods until I'm closer to out of warranty and there are more options in the marketplace. Eventually I would love to go with a turbo kit, exhaust, and the whole set up. But for know I just have a K&N OEM Style filter and a few cosmetic touches (partial debadging, pedals, bra, tint).

Look forward to your future posts!

·
Registered
236 Posts
too bad.....i used to go to augusta almost one weekend a month to visit sis, but now they pcs'd to hawaii for 3 years. funny, all i ever really saw there was mustangs and hondas/acuras (all base models of course)

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
GTA_President said:
Dear Nissan Forum Posters,

I am president of the Georgia Tuners Association and I recently purchased my new vehicle a 2002 V-SPEC. My old car was a 2k Civic, and that car taught me alot about tuning. The V-Spec will be my first hardcore performance import as I hope to be running boost in it one day.
Welcome to the community!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts