Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the cloth on the dash? If so is it the same plastic underneath as the rest of the dash as we want to remove it as its ugly as hell and it makes it difficult to clean. Not to mention it makes zero sense to have fabric above your cup holders on a dash. lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cloth on dash? Not sure what you're talking about.
I will take pics later and post them. But yeah the same fabric thats on the center consol is on the dash in our "06.5 BonaVista" is also on our front dash board above the cup holders (thats the way it was when we bought brand new in 07). I just dont want to take the fabric off and it looks like crap (worse than it does). lol.

I just figured someone here would have done this by now...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean the stuff covering the speakers? I don't know what's under there.

Very Possible, I never thought that there were speakers there. The factory sound system is so shitty. I thought the tweeters were higher up above that. But I think your right.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
The base model doesn't come with tweeters (in Australia that is) but yes, that cloth on the corners is covering the tweeters as they sit there. You can actually poip-up the whole cover and if you don't have tweeters there you will see the wiring for it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone removed the cloth on the dash? If so is it the same plastic underneath as the rest of the dash as we want to remove it as its ugly as hell and it makes it difficult to clean. Not to mention it makes zero sense to have fabric above your cup holders on a dash. lol.
You mean the speaker covers? You can remove the cloth and replace with another one of your own choice, there is a solid peace of plastic underneath the cloth. When you remove the cover you will have to pull it straight towards yourself (towards the back of the car that is) and use a bit of muscle-power! :)

I`ll post some pics when I get my camera working again...

Good luck!
/Freddi

·
Registered
26 Posts
My vents make one of the only annoying noises in my X-Trail. I tried popping them off the other day so I could put some better felt under them and muffle the noise but I couldn't get the cover off. Exactly how much oomph do I need to give it and are there any fasteners that could break if I do this wrong?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine make a one of the only annoying noises in my X-Trail. I tried popping them off the other day so I could put some better felt under them and muffle the noise but I couldn't get the cover off. Exactly how much oomph do I need to give it and are there any fasteners that could break if I do this wrong?
I am afraid I have to disapoint you a bit...I have the same anoying noise in my X-trail and I have tried to muffle the noise, but it seems that Nissan have chosen a poor material for the dash/air-vents so you won`t be able to get rid of the sound that easily. :eek:

You can break some of the fasteners when you remove the cover, but to do that you have to use tools of some kind. Just pull the cover free from the hooks in the front (closer to the windshield) and then pull the cover straight towards gripping it firmly with your bare hands.

Good luck!
/Freddi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts