Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently knocked the flimsy EVAP box off my '06 X-Trail, and the one bracket that was originally holding it up was ripped off and subsequently tore a small hole in the box. I took it to the dealer and they estimated $400 for a new box and probably another hundred for an hours worth of labour, so I decided to just fix it myself. I downloaded the manual, figured out that the service light was only on because of a lack of vacuum in the EVAP system - so I sealed the thing up using silicone. The service light was still on, so I borrowed an ECM scanning tool and plugged it in. I had never used one before, so I was more or less just fiddling around. I found an option that said "Erase emissions info" or something a long those lines, so I did and the service engine light went off. Good. But now the trip-metre and clock reset every time I start the car. How do I fix this?

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
The 10A fuse that controls the trip meter and clock is located in the fuse box under the steering wheel

It is either a blown fuse or you just have to remove it and insert it again and all should be OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts