Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I turn off the car (01 Nissan Sentra SE), there is a strange noise, like a clicking or something, several seconds after the car is off. It comes from the TB area....what could it be?

Also, is there supposed to be a vacuum tube near the TB area as well that is not attached to anything? I have one just hanging around there, and don't know what it is?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
almost every car does that. i have no tech answer for you other than its just the car cooling down. i have never driven a car where it doesnt do that.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
svasica said:
After I turn off the car (01 Nissan Sentra SE), there is a strange noise, like a clicking or something, several seconds after the car is off. It comes from the TB area....what could it be?

Also, is there supposed to be a vacuum tube near the TB area as well that is not attached to anything? I have one just hanging around there, and don't know what it is?
you have an aftermarket intake installed?

pics would be best to be able to determine what hose you're talking about.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, its not from the engine cooling off. This sounds more like a valve or something else mechanical closing or opening. It sounds like its coming from right around the TB area....and it only happens right after the car is turned off and then stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
svasica said:
No, its not from the engine cooling off. This sounds more like a valve or something else mechanical closing or opening. It sounds like its coming from right around the TB area....and it only happens right after the car is turned off and then stops.

My car does this and its the fan relay!!!! have a listen to the relay box to see if its coming from there!

Tony....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car has just started doing this intermittantly (07 nissan sentra s). At the same time, my instrument panel will start acting up (dials jumping) and the display flickers. Occasionally I am not able to start the car afterward, usually if it sits for a while. I have absolutely NO power (no power locks, nothing).

It is not a battery problem (jumping doesn't help, the clock/radio doesn't reset, and the battery/alternator tested just fine). I've heard of issues with certain sensors causing a no-start problem??? This is happening more and more frequently.

Side note: I believe the batteries are failing in my inelli-key, but this is unrelated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts