Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, It was nice out Friday so I did it, here they are, sorry they are huge, i was going all out for quality.

Overview of the engine.

How I positioned the filter.

Another view of the filter.

Where I put the tape to prevent air from going under.

The airbox cover with the filter sitting in it.

Overview of the engine.

-Nick

·
Registered
501 Posts
How much was your K&N airfilter and where can i purchase it. I already read I have to buy the 88 one.. Is that correct?

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i searched and searched and searched. I couldnt find a K&N filter specifically for the GA16i. Im looking in to swapping to a modiefied E16i airbox right now so that might make it fit perfectly.

If you wanna do a get a little bit of power for free, remove the intake pipe and that black peice connected to the blue cover, doing this helps a fair bit at high speeds. There is another thread going on about this elsewhere in the B12 forum here.

-Nick

·
Registered
501 Posts
sentrastud said:

If you wanna do a get a little bit of power for free, remove the intake pipe and that black peice connected to the blue cover, doing this helps a fair bit at high speeds. There is another thread going on about this elsewhere in the B12 forum here.

Can you post a picture of those wires if you get a chance.. thanks

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was worried about sucking tape into the engine too, the filter seems to keep it pressed down pretty good, I check it frequently just in case though.

89Sentra-> Im not sure what wires your reffering too. The former location of the black piece Im was talking about is visible if you look at the picture of the blue airbox cover with the filter in it. Right at the place where the cover has that overhang there used to be a black piece. At someone elses suggestion I removed this and I found the result to be quite good.

-Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts