Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if this package will fit on my 04 1.8s sentra, 17 inch wheels with 225/45/17 tires. will there be enough clearance in the well for this setup/ or should i go down to a 215/45/17?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
on stock suspension yes there's enough...but 215 will be better.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I believe it will fit. I am almost positive as I have seen Specs runing that size. Your wheelwell IIRC is the same so I dont see why it wouldnt.

edit: well i got beaten to the punch line

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chimmike said:
on stock suspension yes there's enough...but 215 will be better.
can you expain why? i live in new york so i am concerned about potholes. the dealer says the taller sidewall would protect from bent rims or blowouts.. any thoughts??

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
devo said:
can you expain why? i live in new york so i am concerned about potholes. the dealer says the taller sidewall would protect from bent rims or blowouts.. any thoughts??
a 225 v 215 doesnt mean a taller sidewall

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
NickZac said:

yes it does, actually the 215 will have a smaller sidewall

the number for the sidewall height (the 45) is a percentage of the width, so a 185/45 will have a MUCH smaller sidewall than a 285/45 even on the same size rim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sr20dem0n said:
yes it does, actually the 215 will have a smaller sidewall

the number for the sidewall height (the 45) is a percentage of the width, so a 185/45 will have a MUCH smaller sidewall than a 285/45 even on the same size rim
thanks for the info! so does this mean that a 225/45 will fit? i know it will be an exact +2 fit,and will this mess up my speedometer?

·
Registered
274 Posts
NickZac said:
it does, actually.

a 215/15/r17 has a slightly smaller sidewall than a 225/15/r17

first number=width
second number = height as a % of the width (15% in this case)
third number = wheel size

the 215 has a 32.25mm sidewall, where as the 225 has a 33.75mm sidewall

Not much, but it grows exponentially when the % increases

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
devo said:
thanks for the info! so does this mean that a 225/45 will fit? i know it will be an exact +2 fit,and will this mess up my speedometer?
yes it will throw off the speedo slightly, but it will be in the range of 1-2%. Considering the stock speedo is only accurate within ~5% anyway (if that) then it shouldn't matter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sr20dem0n said:
yes it will throw off the speedo slightly, but it will be in the range of 1-2%. Considering the stock speedo is only accurate within ~5% anyway (if that) then it shouldn't matter
do you think the 225/45 will fit my sentra?

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
one of my friends down here with a spec has 225/45/17, he had some problems with the outside of the tire rubbing the fender on bumps but he has aftermarket rims so the offset might be different than stock. I'm pretty sure it will fit, but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sr20dem0n said:
one of my friends down here with a spec has 225/45/17, he had some problems with the outside of the tire rubbing the fender on bumps but he has aftermarket rims so the offset might be different than stock. I'm pretty sure it will fit, but don't quote me on that
i will be going aftermarket.. oem setup is 195/60/15. i spoke with many people and they assured me that if i go +2, 215/45/17 it will fit but if i opt for the 225 it will not. does your friend have other problems with that setup... like potholes and such??

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
not that I know of, and after he rolled the rear fenders he didn't have a problem with that either

keep in mind though, the spec has a larger turning radius than the other models, because it came stock with 215, Nissan decided to limit the amount the wheels can turn to eliminate any rubbing with the wheel locked. Since yours can crank the whole way you might get rubbing with the wheel locked, but if you don't crank the steering that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
P215/45ZR17 (Z-rated) tires
17" x 7.0" 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels

since the sentra special edition can come with the looks of a spec v . . . the tires from the spec v will fit your car (04 1.8s sentra).

225/45/17 tires-----> 10mm wider and 4.5mm taller than ---->P215/45ZR17

now this means it's bigger than stock. . .but not much bigger. . . chances are it might conflict with the fender if the offset is different. . . AND! ----> you would have to get the stock off set as well. . . because since the numbers aren't so far off with that increase tire size, you might easily pull that set up off. . . but i don't know the offset of the spec v's wheels
so find out what that number is . . .and match it with the rims you are wanting. . . than match the tire size and you'll be rolling out with a unique set of wheels!

have a nice day

::banhump::

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
if you could get them cheaper, spec v rims would look really good, be a perfect fit, and as stated not mess up your speedometer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
skatehard90 said:
P215/45ZR17 (Z-rated) tires
17" x 7.0" 6-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels

since the sentra special edition can come with the looks of a spec v . . . the tires from the spec v will fit your car (04 1.8s sentra).

225/45/17 tires-----> 10mm wider and 4.5mm taller than ---->P215/45ZR17

now this means it's bigger than stock. . .but not much bigger. . . chances are it might conflict with the fender if the offset is different. . . AND! ----> you would have to get the stock off set as well. . . because since the numbers aren't so far off with that increase tire size, you might easily pull that set up off. . . but i don't know the offset of the spec v's wheels
so find out what that number is . . .and match it with the rims you are wanting. . . than match the tire size and you'll be rolling out with a unique set of wheels!

have a nice day

::banhump::
ok slightly confused. stock rim size on spec v is 17*7. the same size i want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
devo said:
ok slightly confused. stock rim size on spec v is 17*7. the same size i want.
alrighty then. . . since you want the stock rim size, there will be no offset differences: therefore. . . those tires will definitely fit the wheel well.

the only concern is the suspension on the 1.8s sentra. . . it travels more! and your turning radius is better. . . so tire rubness may happen

just don't yook the tires all the way over and don't take speed bumps hard

well . . . another thing that concerns me. . . is that if you are driving on the hwy and you hit a dip, the 1.8s will dip farther down than the spec V, so the tires you want on the 1.8s may hit the wheel well there too

so a suspension upgrade to go allong with the tire package seems like a better path. . . which would just leave you with turning radius probs

it's up to you

1 - 20 of 35 Posts