Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, I posted this some time ago, but now the clear coat is getting worse. the roof and trunk is the worse. B-pillars are bubbling/spotting. Do you think I can Wet Sand this out and then buff it back? Or should I re-spray the clear coat back on? the car looks like crap now. Its the clear coat.

Thanks chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an '02 SpecV that is doing this too. Something must have happened over the winter, because all of a sudden, the paint job on the car has really gone to crap over the past couple of months.

It's bubbling and spotting/streaking all over the car now. It's especially bad along the rim of the doors, for some reason.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, its along the back doors and pillars. the roof is really bad. I thought of wetsanding this out to see what happens. I ws a little afraid of what would happen. make it worse possibly.

Chris

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The clear is getting worse and worse. I wonder if we could get Nissan to do something? I am pissed because I want to keep the car 3 more years, I thought of buying a gun and painting it myself with that dupli-color Paint shop paint and clear it. But, when you spend the money on a decent gun, dryer for the compressor and all the stuff, I don't know if its worth it.

Also, I thought of sanding down the clear until I hit the base coat and then re-spray the clear with dupli-color clear, out of a can, then just wet-sand and buff it out.

are you doing anything with yours?

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts