Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove what remains of the warning sticker on the overhead visor, shown here:

Has anyone found anything that works well getting rid of dealer stickers? I've only known to be able to take them off with hairdryers but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
We have 3M Adhesive Remover to get rid of excess glue, like that stuff that's left on your visor. Works real well...a little at a time.

The dealer sticker is removed with a professional heat gun, that gets the sticker real hot. Again, remove the glue left behind with the 3M product.

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
3M product 8984 is what we use and it works great!
A hair dryer doesn't get hot enough and do you really want to spend money on an expensive heat gun just to remove those stickers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3M product 8984 is what we use and it works great!
A hair dryer doesn't get hot enough and do you really want to spend money on an expensive heat gun just to remove those stickers?
I'm picking up some of that cleaner now.

I would prefer to not have to spend the money for the heat gun but what are my other options?

·
Registered
215 Posts
go to home cheapo (home depot) or another hardware store and look for goo off or bug tarminator they both work really well and dont need any tools or anything. safe on paint just dont leave it on more than 4 min and clean with water.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got some goof off and tried to get some off. It has been a day since I did this and I can see the spot where I put it on there and the tape is still there.

Not using it on any painted surface but on the cloth on my sun visor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put it on there and immediately (using a tooth brush) started brushing it. I did this for a good 10 minutes and the "stain" was still there. I didn't even look today but it may have dried by now. We have some very cold wet weather this week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts