Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks I did a search and I couldnt find an answer so here it goes... I have just bought a 93 sentra SE-R and I need to clean the TB on SE-=R.net they have several ways to do this, I was wondering can I just clean it without removing it and being careful not to shoot any of the "gunk" in the engine, or do I have to pull it off. I really dont wanna pull it off bvut if I have to I will. Thanx!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
I just pulled the intake aside and sprayed the living daylights out of the TB with the spray. Don't do what I did, which was just drive off. I backed out of my driveway and it stalled in the middle of the traffic...not good. You've got to burn of the excess cleaner by letting it idle for a minute or so.

Q

·
0 Posts
cupdapimp said:
Okay folks I did a search and I couldnt find an answer so here it goes... I have just bought a 93 sentra SE-R and I need to clean the TB on SE-=R.net they have several ways to do this, I was wondering can I just clean it without removing it and being careful not to shoot any of the "gunk" in the engine, or do I have to pull it off. I really dont wanna pull it off bvut if I have to I will. Thanx!
Yes you can clean the TB without removing it. I clean the TB every 3 months when I do an oil change.

You need to remove the piping from the TB to the MAF, that will give more access to the TB. Then get a can of carb cleaner and open the TB and spray. Make sure you spray a lot, then get a small wire brush and brush the inside of the TB. Of course, you this while the engine is NOT running. After brushing for a couple minutes, you should notice the carb cleaner stuff turning black, meaning TB is getting clean. Also spray the outside of TB, the linkage and etc. Spray carb cleaner in the TB a couple of more times to make sure its clean. Then reattach intake piping. Start up the car, it will run ruff for few minutes. So rev the engine between 4-5K, you will notice white smoke coming out of your tailpipe. That's ok, engine is burning off the carb cleaner. Then your done. That simple. Have fun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just pull it. Without pulling, you'll never get all that black stuff out... and guess where it's going to go, and stay for the life of the engine. It will not get blown out with your exhaust.

Yes, it's a pain in the ass to do it. But, just make a maintenance reminder to do it once a year.

If I get the chance later tonight, I'll post a website that was created by geo(George Roffe). He's one of the old timers(my age, actually) and all around guru for our cars.

Later,
Mark

Ok, found his site: go to the members area, look for Geo, then click on his home page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts