I've upgraded to a newer version of Photoposted Classifieds. This newer version contains a few additional features. Not all have been enabled.
The sponsor classifieds have also been modified.
- feedback System. Styled after the familiar eBay, members can leave Positive,
Neutral or Negative feedback on another member. Points (which can be set by admin) determine
the type of "star" a user can get (there are five stars). Positive are +1, Neutral are 0 and
Negative is -1.
- Bidding. If enabled, users can elect to have their items open for bidding. This auction-style
bidding will allow users to bid and incrementally have their bids raised to their max bid
rate (eBay style).
- PayPal payments. A new feature which allows PayPal integration to be enabled, prices for ads
(and each option) can be set individually by category. Ads go active after they have been paid
for. The Bulk Actions page has been modified to show a "Payment Pending Queue" so that ads awaiting
payments can be viewed (or removed). When Classifieds is notified of a payment, an email is sent
to the admin with information to verify the payment.
- Highlighted, Bold and Italic Ads. Permissions are set by usergroup for which groups can use
- Ad Expiration. The ad expiration has been change to not delete ads automatically, but to
"expire" them and remove them from the views. In the Admin panel an "Expired Ads" seciton
has been added to the Approve / Bulk Actions page which have links to and allow for the
actual deletion of ads.
- Stats Update. A new stats caching table tracks the number of items sold and a "$ amount"
of items sold.
- Currency Indicator. Changed in Admin Options to allow for other currency indicators other
- Zip Code Integration. Although lacking the actual zip code information which can be purchased
commercially, the code has been modified to allow a switch to turn on/off this feature.
By adding the actual zip code data to your database, you can get the "Distance From You"
feature enabled without having to modify PhotoPost Classifieds code.