Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which one did you use? (SE, SE-R, LE). I have a 93 XE. How hard was it? Ive heard its a pain. But if it sounds simple enough then I'll try it. Did you get yours from a junk yard? So many questions!! :D Thanks in advance bro.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
You need to use a 93 or 94 cluster for a 93 or 94 car, since they have the electronic speed sensor and electronic speedo. 91 and 92 cars had mechanical speedos. If you pull the cluster from the junkyard, cut out the harnesses as well, i've heard you might need those, or at least part of them. It's been done several times, do a seach. There's plenty of people on this forum that would know how to hook it up or could tell you where to find that info.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Hey toolapc thanks for the info about the 93-94, I didnt think about that. I saw one on e-bay but its a 91. I guess I have to keep looking. I hope is not as hard to do the wiring as I think it is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
He is correct. You do need one out of a 93 or 94. The wiring is not very hard at all. The main difference is where the tach wire is located. In the solm article it shows the tach wire located under the dash on the drivers side, but on a 93-94 it is on the passenger side under the dash, it is still blue with a black stripe and little silver dashes on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts