Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll tell u..........i have this friend with a 88 civic hatchback with some mods that i've been wanting to race for a while...so finally today we met up on the road and we took the cars to the freeway where i annihalated his 5speed lil civic in my automatic ga16de......that was fun..................later on when i was on my way to work, a lil blue hatchback(like a 89) revved on me, i revved back feeling confident against these cars. but he turned on the street not to be seen again :rolleyes: .........then i got on the freeway to get back home and i see this primered hatchback civic behind me...he pulls up next to me, revvs, i revv back and we go.....i was ahead of him for a while cuz he got stuck in traffic but once we got on the open road we got next to each other and go, he beats me, by a car length...but i slowly, and i mean slowyly start catching up, but after like 15 seconds he slowly starts to pull so i just let off the gas and call it a loss..............but thats weird having three encounters withing 15 mins of each other at different locations with all my opponents being older 80's-early 90's civics, the third guy i lost to had no back seats and was an Si hatchback, and i had my sub that i had just put in 2 days ago, not making excuses but i'll take that stuff off and go look for him again, dont know what mods he had, but all i have under my hood is an intake :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
What mods do you have?

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only mods i have is a CAI and exhaust, had timing before. but i de-advanced it...........this guy had an exhaust(SO RICEY SOUNDING)........and as for what he had under the hood...i'm not sure...btw i have an automatic ga16de on 17's(dont help much:mad: )

Z

·
0 Posts
Well that's accurate... I mean your exhaust isn't under your hood, is it?

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea, it does sound fishy 'wont be beat' kinda.........i just said like it is tho :)..........so what do u guys think? the first race was a win and the si hatch took me out by a car length,, never raced any of these cars....so In your opinion how do u think my car performed?

·
Registered
390 Posts
when i first saw the post. I thought u were going to talk about that lame civic commerical where all these fixed up civics are driving behind a stock 2003 civic. and at the end of the commercial it says Civic Nation. anyone see this?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i mean the hatchback, thats the main reason theyre so fast when modded too, if that guy had nos it would literally be falling apart, thats how small

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Unfortunately, power to weight gives you an edge if your power is equal to or exceed your vehicles weight. If he was slowly pulling away from you, I seriously doubt he was spraying. that's the work of cheap, but effective mods and a light car with no power windows, 17inch rims, no power steering and possibly no A/C. Alot of guys in hondas seem to like to drive their everyday car around like this (stripped) because it helps give them the edge! Must be cold as hell in them in the winter months and hot as hell in the summer months. I say, if they have a pretty girlfriend, she must be rreally tired of this by now and want to ride in a quiet, not so bouncy car that doesn't have a twin at every other intersection with the same mods, paint and rims (Pretty boring, isn't it).

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
boost_boy said:
Unfortunately, power to weight gives you an edge if your power is equal to or exceed your vehicles weight. If he was slowly pulling away from you, I seriously doubt he was spraying. that's the work of cheap, but effective mods and a light car with no power windows, 17inch rims, no power steering and possibly no A/C. Alot of guys in hondas seem to like to drive their everyday car around like this (stripped) because it helps give them the edge! Must be cold as hell in them in the winter months and hot as hell in the summer months. I say, if they have a pretty girlfriend, she must be rreally tired of this by now and want to ride in a quiet, not so bouncy car that doesn't have a twin at every other intersection with the same mods, paint and rims (Pretty boring, isn't it).
yea, i know exactly what u mean, too many of them around, and they all look alike, but this guy was stripped for sure cuz he didnt have tinted windows so i can see everything......and he was rolling on stocks(whatever size older hatchbacks use) oh and by the way, he didnt spray the nitrious

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Screw him! Who cares if he beats you all day long;) At least you're comfortable in your car with all it's safety components and possibly his girlfriend or better yet, his sister in your ride:D

·
NF SUX DIK
200 Posts
why would they drive a car without an A/C im sorry but thats stupid..plain stupid. whats the sense of getting the car then...dirve around town make everyone hear your fart muffler and when a girl gets in, the car smells like the fish market because you sweat from not having an A/C LOL

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Just plain Nasty! It's what gives us something to talk about!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts