Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I'm a cop, and as a result, I'm supposed to be a responsible driver at all times, and never race on the streets, etc, etc. etc... I'm human,, 'nuff said...
Yesterday evening, my wife and I are out in her Mustang, enjoying the weather, and not bothering a soul, driving at the speed limit, top down, when from behind us, I see some nasty, autozone looking blue headlights coming up on us. I think to myself "fake xenons, gotta be a riceboy." When it gets closer, I notice blue windshield washer nozles, too. It (95-97 Civic EX coupe) pulls right next to us, and gives it a good, loud revving, while slowing down to our speed (35mph) and running it in what sounds like second gear. I'm trying to ignore him, and my wife tells me to do the same, but just the same, it was not easy to do. Up ahead, the light turned yellow, and Civic boy SLAMMED his brakes on so he could catch it. I could easily have just rolled on through, and been fine, but nope. He wanted to play, I was gonna play. This kid obviously thought he was some hot shit, and kept revving his engine at near red line the whole time. Imagine, people.... A Civic with an awful sounding exhaust revving loudly and obnoxiously right next to you for almost an entire stop light. Finally he calms himself down enough to let the revs fall, and I gave it a little rev. Nothing too much, just enough to hear the Flowmasters, and, if he was listening closely, the Vortech under the hood. He evidently wasn't listening, or he was just stupid and didn't recognize it.
In ending, light turned green, he's smoking his tires on a front wheel-hopping burnout, and I just give it about 1/2 throttle, then 3/4, then everything she's got. By the time we got through the intersection, I was already a full car length ahead, and this was with me having a slow start because I wanted to make sure none was gonna run the red light. My lead didn't get any smaller. After I had gotten to the next light, the punkass spit an ice cube out his window and turned the corner, revving that awful exhaust again. He had a glowing blue Honda emblem on the trunk, and his plates said "1BAD EX"
Just figured this was worth sharing, even though it didn't involve me in my Sentra, although I probably could have beaten him in my Sentra, too.

C

·
0 Posts
That's just too hilarious, down here in Miami we're getting outnumbered by ricers ... and after that stupid movie "Fast and Furious" they seem to be multiplying at an ungodly rate ... one really really big reason why I bought a Spec V ... I converted couldnt handle the rice man!!!! I'm even thinking of moving out of here .... cops see a lowered car and instantly pull you over, and with proper reason (idiots down here are killing themselves and others every other week) (just this morning on my way to work I saw a 99 red Civic Si totalled, he hit a mini van at well over 80mph on a 40 mph street) So now cops treat us like vigilante's....

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
hey ScarCrow I think he's referring to his Vortech supercharger and if that's the case that race was over before it started with one more burnt rice(R)... Great kill 97SentraXE.....Hey CopperSol you ain't lying about these honda cats wiping out themselves and the population. And no matter how many die, more and more just appear..........

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
what you should have done is gave him a ticket you irresponsible foo.. your no better than them ricers. MR cop!!!.. seriously.. good kill

although i would have pulled him over and gave him a ticket after he threw that ice at you

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
I would pull him over the next time i saw him and give him "the business" like they do in Leave it to Beaver.

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the ice thing pissed me off, but I can't give people tickets in my own personal car, you know? Besides, if he'd have been a true idiot and shot me or something, in front of my wife.... That woulda been bad. Now, if I see him some night while working, that's different. Too bad you can't get a ticket simply for ricing your car. I wonder if that could pass for public indecency, or lewd conduct, even... :)
And, yes, Scarcrow, I was referring to a Vortech supercharger. Best 3 grand I ever spent, I think.
And yes, blue wiper nozzles are illegal. Any blue lights on your car is illegal, even the fake xenon/HID/whatever you wanna call them headlights. Real xenons, like on an '02 Maxima are legal, though... Go figure.
I think I've answered everything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sucks you cant write tickets off duty. In NJ cops can not pull you over in a personal vehicle but they can send yo ua ticket in the mail if they wanted to....Anyway I wouldve just kicked his little punk ass...I know your a cop and that $hit dont fly....BTW how much HP does your stang have......have u ever ran it at the track ? just curious to your 1/4 time

·
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never taken it to the track or dynoed it so I don't know actual HP numbers, but I'd say it's at least 350 with the supercharger. My wife won't let me take it to the track, considering its her daily driven car, she doesn't want me thrashing it. She's okay with me occasionally spanking someone in it, and she herself loves to pick on all things Chevy. She's always been a Mustang girl. She had a '93 Cobra before this one, and it made the one she's got now feel slow. Gotta love her, but I don' tunderstand her fear of a track.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
97sentragxe said:
She's okay with me occasionally spanking someone in it, and she herself loves to pick on all things Chevy. She's always been a Mustang girl.
i like her already, especially the chevy part. i too am a Ford man. Ford is my American motor company. Nissan is my Japanese, and BMW is my German. at least, i support and are fans of those companies. even through the hard times when the do stupid things (like the firestone scapegoat consperisy), dont know if you hear, but another tire company is recalling tires off Navigatos and Expiditon (sp) i guess that says something about the suspension policies of Ford on their SUV's. well they are finally getting back to cars now.. the gt40 is comming, they got the special edition mustangs, the five-hundred is on the way, as well as a rumor of producing the sweet 49 concept. also i heard of a Galaxy in the works......i wish they would bring back the SHO. then the NASCAR partnership wouldn't feel as distant from the production models.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
LMao some of these guys are just idiots. or think they are invisable, its redicules. Once he saw that it was a mustang, he should have known that he would get spanked. As for the ice thing thats just poor sportsmanship. He Approached you, he reved first, intised you so to speak. He sould not have been a lil bieetch, when he got spanked. I wish they could send all the ricers onto a concrete island, and let them kill each other off one by one.....lol

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Come on now Nos, we gotta have a few ricers to keep us picking on someone or else we'll start on each other........;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
i have a 95 maxima and i am going to lower it put a body kit on to keep the car on the ground. over 80 and it lifts ,steering gets a little sluggish i am not going to put some big stupid looking wing on it or a crapped out body kit. the kit is going to to be a gtr kit would that make it riced out or cool

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
No rice there, chief!! Just a guy who wants to accentuate his ride a little for performance and not for the transformer look....Go for it;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts