Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cig lighter dont work and i want to get like neon lights up under my dash. should i get my cig lighter fixed? how do i do it? or should tie the lights into the dash lights?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
check your fuses, you might have just blown the fuse. And you could wire the neons into any 12v source that comes on with the key.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the same problem but I posted the question a very long time ago. The best thing that I could come up with was to go junk a used cig lighter/12V accessory ...

·
Registered
272 Posts
well I have been kicking around the thought all night and I need to ask ... would replacing the cig lighter/12V accesories unit really do anything? Mayb yes... mayb no cause it could b a problem deeper than just the unit ...
any thoughts?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
pete2.0 said:
well I have been kicking around the thought all night and I need to ask ... would replacing the cig lighter/12V accesories unit really do anything? Mayb yes... mayb no cause it could b a problem deeper than just the unit ...
any thoughts?
it might be worse, it might be just a blown fuse. Check the fuse before buying anything. It'd be nice if thats all it is, but replacing the unit might do it as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
lol, the fuse was the 2nd thing I checked (I plugged the phone charger back in again to c if I put it in wrong lol). Would replacing the unit fix it for sure or just empty my wallet more? :p

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The cigarette lighter socket is powered when the key is in the ACC or ON position. The power comes from fuse 13 (15A). The power wire is orange with a black tracer, and the ground wire is black.

Check the power wire to the socket while the ignition is on with a multi-meter to see if 12V is geting there. Use a multi-meter to check the ground wire resistance to ground (should be <4 ohms) with the key in the OFF position.

Just because the wires to the socket are OK, doesn't mean that the power is getting to the inside of the socket. Try probing the center electrode of the socket where a plug would find power to see if there is 12V there. Also, check the inner part of the socket to see if it is grounded. If the wires are OK and the socket measurements are not, replace the socket.

Lew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts