Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Red Nissan said:
What is the best polish to use on new chrome wheels?
mothers :cheers:

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
1.6pete said:
mothers :cheers:
werd. if you dont have a lot of crap to get off and just want to polish them up, ive used mothers and have been very happy with the results.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
yea use mothers for normal cleaning because it isnt abrasive at all. but if the winter salt and what not have had its way with your wheels then useing blue magic would be ok too. you just dont want to use the abrasive stuff to much :thumbdwn: it could scuff up your finish. but the absolute best way to go for cleaning really dirty chrome would be www.griotsgarage.com they have a kit with a bunch of felt pads that attach to a drill and it comes with polish, but its expencive and i would only by it for heavy cleaning............if you have anymore questions nickzac and blankgazeX are the dudes to talk to :cheers:
griot's polishing cones

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The best metal polish I have ever used in a German product, Metalputz. It comes in a tube, and removes oxidation better than anything else I have tried.

Mostly, though, I use Brasso. It requires some elbow grease, but works quite well and leaves a protective coating.

Lew

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Red Nissan said:
:thumbup: Is brasso hard on new chrome wheels? And I will try the mother's to.
Thanks every body !!
I've been using Brasso on my wife's SUV since it was new. I've also used it on my motorcycles. It's a good product. No swirl marks, and it leaves a protective coating which helps the next time you clean.

However, if you let brake dust sit on the rims for a month, expect to have difficulty getting them clean.

Lew

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
!! i forgot about brasso. that stuff is very good, and its not a paste its a liqued so its not abrasive at all. good stuff in my book :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
BlankgazeX said:
sure, use any wax ya want!
Turtle wax has a cheap chrome polish and rust remover. It comes in a jar type thing, and is quite creamy. I've used it for chrome, as well as rust stains on paint. it cleans it all up, and also acts as a wax to seal up the little hole. if you have a white car with rust stains, try it, and what a difference!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts