Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All around the side of the Rogue, rust spots are showing. Is this a defect? The front of the rogues chrome trim has none, just around the thin strips, around doors and side windows...

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,171 Posts
What part of the country do you live. If you're from the upper mid-west, then there's been heavy use of salt due to the vicious snow storms. Try to get any remaining salt in those areas flushed out the best you can; use a pressure washer if you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Live in Southern Coastal Maine. I understand the salt theory, but had a 2009 Jetta and the chrome didn’t get rust spots. my wife has a 2014 Honda CRV, no rust spots on her chrome either.. This is a 2016 Rogue, doesn’t make sense it turned to rust spots this fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I Agree with you 100%. I did take some wet aluminum foil, rubbed most of it out the rust. Looks much better. Will keep it cleaned with a good cleaner...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a used 2016 Rogue that has a few spots like that, the dealership said that they’re just strips that snap on to the edge of the door so the rust won’t go any deeper and he said they can also be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got a used 2016 Rogue that has a few spots like that, the dealership said that they’re just strips that snap on to the edge of the door so the rust won’t go any deeper and he said they can also be replaced.
Blue Magic polish cream did the trick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts