Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy an cold air intake, it's just a matter of which one. After a bit of poking around this is what I've found:

Hotshot: $215
Place Racing: $190
Injen Race Division Intake: $310 (i don't think this is even cold air)

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which of these intakes will provide the most power, or if anyone has had any problems with any of them. Also, if you've found a more competitive price let me know.

Provided the power is the same I'd probably just pick the Place Racing because it's the cheapest, but I don't want to do so at a sacrifice.

Aaron

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree the Hot Shot is the best for the 1.6, with the Place Racing being a close second...:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
call up Chris at SR20Development and you can pick up an AEM cai for something like $295 shipped. I have AEM on my car and to me, a cold air intake is a cold air intake. But the AEM looks really good. Tell him that Ben sent you.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just installed a Injen cold air intake. $310 is alot of money but the intake was the easiest install I have ever done. All the brackets were they should be. Plus it is polished. Polished looks alot better show wise than ceramic. And yes the Injen does go into the bumper.

·
Registered
702 Posts
does hotshot sound like AEM on the nissan cause i love that sound...lol....and i just ordered hotshot today and thats what everyone else told me what was the bang for the buck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you order the hotshot form? and does it go behind the foglights on the bumper?

·
Registered
702 Posts
i ordered mine from cyberauto.com..they have it for 200 bucks but im guessin its gonna go by the bumper but i have no idea...ill solve that problem when i take a look at it but im sure one of these guys knows. this intake better sound good.... :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
HS Install

I installed a HS CAI on a 96 200sx 1.6L last December. Was pretty quick, but had to cut a 2.5 inch hole in fender well next to battery.
Performance was good, sound was awsome. I highly recommend. I think I purchased it directly from HS for around 2 bills.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a place in my area that offers hotshot products (hard to come by in Winnipeg, Canada). I'll be putting in my order tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts