Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2nd vehicle is 1995 HB King cab, auto, 3.0L, 2WD with bucket seats and no air bags. Has anyone installed an enfant child seat (or booster) in the front passenger seat?

I haven't found anything yet that says I can't (Transport Canada).

Thanks
Rice

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't know about Canada, but in the US it is fine. The user manual shows the hook up of forward and rear facing seats in the front seat. There is no air bag in the 1996 XE King Cab that I purchased just recently which makes it ok t use a carseat or booster. My 3 yo son and 5 yo daughter love riding in the front seat, and I use a Graco Turbo booster. YMMV but it works for me, and I have no fear that they are not safe there.

What does your Canadian owners manual show?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about Canada, but in the US it is fine. The user manual shows the hook up of forward and rear facing seats in the front seat. There is no air bag in the 1996 XE King Cab that I purchased just recently which makes it ok t use a carseat or booster. My 3 yo son and 5 yo daughter love riding in the front seat, and I use a Graco Turbo booster. YMMV but it works for me, and I have no fear that they are not safe there.

What does your Canadian owners manual show?

The CDN manual shows the same... I just wanted some re-assurance from a parent and fellow XE King cab owner.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The CDN manual shows the same... I just wanted some re-assurance from a parent and fellow XE King cab owner.
For what it's worth, I installed a child seat on the front passenger seat. It was in the 06 Pathfinder w/airbag. I had to move the seat all the way back as possible. The sensor on the seat detected a non adult weight sitting so it turned the airbag off.

It's legal in Canada. My co-worker had a first gen. 4x2 standard cab...? might have been a king, anyways, he had a child seat installed in the front passenger.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Driving a '94 xe 4x4 KC.

I've used the kid seats as needed. Only have 1 vehicle w/ a back seat. Just recently bought a backless Graco turboboster to leave in the truck so we don't have to juggle seats back and forth.

My 3 & 5 yr old love to get to go in the truck. I think they like being in the front seat and getting to see out better. Plus it is a bit of a novelty which is always a bonus for them.

I don't feel comfortable putting them in the "jump seats" in the back of the cab. Of course they are the only ones who might actually fit there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts