Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
ive got a sporty-ish muffler on my b12. i like it.. makes it sound pretty good specially at 80km an hour in 3rd gear lol.. but with a diesel i dont think it would be worth it man.

·
diesel what??
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
muccman said:
ive got a sporty-ish muffler on my b12. i like it.. makes it sound pretty good specially at 80km an hour in 3rd gear lol.. but with a diesel i dont think it would be worth it man.[/QUOTE

It will be alot better than the stock half inch tail pipe and how much would it cost to get the pipe installed?

·
Registered
275 Posts
i got really lucky when i got mine done. went to a shop that dealt with the dealership i worked at. i got the muffler mounted with like 3-4 feet of pipe ( over the axle and back a bit.. was pretty rotten ) for 60$ and got the muffler for 100$. Most shops wanted like 200$ to install the muffler.. i told em to screw off.

·
diesel what??
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh i bought the cherry bomb it onoly cost me 21.99 i have a buddy who gave me a deal to install it for 55 dollars right now i took off my stock pipe
and ranit with just the resonator it sounds like a POS with just the resonator
with the resonator off it sound like a subaru with a cat back.I have yet to see how the cherry bomb will sound......the best thing of all is that there is no catylitic converter that came with this car so thats one less thing to worry about

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
bII said:
cherrybomb = resonator. You still need a muffler. Unless you have a mullet and you drive a beat-up camaro.

ass...

Cherry Bomb sounds good if you like loud and almost annoying. I had a thrush glasspack (same thing really) on my pulsar and i have a cherry bomb on my chevy.........and I don't have a mullet and hey get this V8's use to come with just glasspacks. Anyhow....i can't remember who it was but i sent someone a .wav of my pulsar. I don't have it now but that person might.....I can't remember who it was :( maybe they'll speak up

Edit: it was 1989SentraOK

·
Registered
124 Posts
wow where ever you guys are you are getting hosed. Most mufler shops in spokane will do it for $60 (for a catback) plus the cost of the muffler.

On a side note, has anyone dared to use one of those lovely $20 ebay mufflers? What do those sound/performe like?

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
Gsolo said:
ass...

Cherry Bomb sounds good if you like loud and almost annoying. I had a thrush glasspack (same thing really) on my pulsar and i have a cherry bomb on my chevy.........and I don't have a mullet and hey get this V8's use to come with just glasspacks. Anyhow....i can't remember who it was but i sent someone a .wav of my pulsar. I don't have it now but that person might.....I can't remember who it was :( maybe they'll speak up

Edit: it was 1989SentraOK
I meant if you put glasspacks on and use them in lieu of mufflers, that's all, (you know with the glasspacks sticking out from under the bumper of the car). I have a cherrybomb on my sentra, as well as an A'pexi N1 muffler, bascially I didn't want to garner 5-0s attention and didn't want to use a muffler silencer, so a had a CB welded on after the cat.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
bII said:
I meant if you put glasspacks on and use them in lieu of mufflers, that's all, (you know with the glasspacks sticking out from under the bumper of the car). I have a cherrybomb on my sentra, as well as an A'pexi N1 muffler, bascially I didn't want to garner 5-0s attention and didn't want to use a muffler silencer, so a had a CB welded on after the cat.

lmfao...my pulsar had the glasspack hanging just out of the rear bumper.....i admit that was ghetto. But everythign else i've done I try to put them up front more for that different sound...but i've also noticed that they let more heat go through the exhaust which is good and bad......good cause it gets the heat out of the engine, but it gets everythign else warm. my wifes prizm is melting the undercoating :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to have a CRX that had this big shinny muffler on it. You could tell that it wasn't an expensive because of the condition of the car and the fact that it was really badly welded and the hangers on the end where missing. But ANYWAY, it was loud but I still liked the tone of it (except for when it was slaping on the rear axle) I don't know what kind it was but because of the afore mentioned, I think that it was possably an ebay muffler.

When you say that they are crap do you mean they are really loud and obnoxious? Why exactly are they bad?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts