Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, for anyone who is thinking of getting a cherry bomb pre-muffler, i'll just let you know, it will make a clinking noise... thats what the noise is on my car... it expands when heat hits it, and retracts when heat goes away..

N

·
0 Posts
how long have u had that muffler on your car? and what kinda weld did u use? because i've heard of problems like this on other cars and the problem goes away once the muffler gets used to your car or something like that.....

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
that happened with my high flo cat that I put on man- its kinda normal- itll stop after a week or so- mine did

S

·
0 Posts
Sound

Ok besides the sound of the tinking of the cooling metal, how is the tone of the exhaust? Is it ricey or deep? Is it just the cherry bomb or is there another muffler on it? Feedback will be appreciated.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it aint ricey at all.. then again, i went from stock to headers + exaust all at once, so its probably the headers.. but my exaust sounds super growlish... the injen intake helps alot too.. but the cherry bomb helps mellow it out.. not so bumble bee sounding.

S

·
0 Posts
I have a 26" cerrybomb I am waiting to put on. I'm going to use this as my main muffler so I hope it just gives a deep growl, no ricer crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine is 23"... i'm getting it installed tomorrow along with an ac revolution 2 1/2" inlet 300 mm muffler... i'll let you guys know how it turns out

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got it on, and it's pretty deep... a nice tone. It seems loud to me, but i'm used to the stock exhaust. I don't know how loud yours is, but a muffler twice as long has to do something more. I also found out I have a busted gasket that i need to replace. That should quiet it down quite a bit (at least the annoying noise). I haven't heard the clinking noise yet.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm.. well, my bomb is 18" i think.. either taht or 24, and i havent heard exactly how it makes a growl, i know iNtake makes a growl... not the exaust, exaust just makes a nice deep bass tone.. on mine anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts