Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a cheep intake mod that worked with noticable gains .I replaced the elbow from the mass air to throttle body with a 3"pvc45 and cut the large end off used 2 rubber drain hoses that come with clamps, drilled a hole and taped it for a fitting to recieve the breather hose.I also removed the air box in the fenderwell and put a k&n filter in the stock box.At the local race spot I remove the drive side foglite and use dryer hose from there to the air box.cost $80

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow! You saved yourself 120 bucks. Yes the feeling is great to engineer something yourself, good job.

On the other hand. Your risk is greater than the "in the wheelwell" aftermarket hs/pr/aem for 120 more. You (maybe daddy) paid 17k+ for your ride. It's worth the extra 120, imo

I won't even discuss the pvc issues.

Jeff
bone stock

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well pvc is only at the elbow (it is the most restrictive) and it is only air that goes through.I used the stock air box so changing filter is a snap.I also did no cutting or banging on the car and I can put it back to stock.

·
Registered
172 Posts
you might consider getting a angle dryer vent remove the flap paint it black and put a metal screen over the opening (average window metal screen) and mount it in the drivers side of the lower grill with black zip ties. for dry weather only. wet weather just unhook the tubing from the sorkle and move it out of the way. so you get your ram air cai for dry and cai for wet. no morre having to remove the fog light.

and jspecv its not in the wheelwell the intake opening is sitting right behind the drivers side fog lamp thats is closed off from the wheel well. and the area vspec is talking about its not that hot there to begin with. and the temp rating is high enough on pvc that it will withstand this w/o problems.
I made a cai for my 95 crown vic out of the same materials pvc pipe, rubber unions, and large worm clamps and a few extra large zip ties.. why you ask? well no one made one for it, so i made it myself. there isnt anything wrong with his chosen materials and i priced them today out of curiosity it would cost me 35 bucks to make my own cai mod for my car. now if one were in a tight financial situation and wanted more performance, well this is a viable option...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts