Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CE light came on last night on the way home and I checked the codes tonight via the normal procedure. I removed the cover and pulled the ECU out and took off the tape and turned the screw clockwise for two seconds then counterclockwise for two seconds, and the CE light started flashing codes. This was all fine and good except while I was expecting one or two codes, it threw up like 20 codes to the point where I ran out of space to write them down, is this normal? I know not everything throws a code that trips the CE light, but that many? And on 96 to 98 models the numbers are read like, 0401, which would be four long flashes and one short flash. Does a 99 model read this way also? How do I know what code tripped the CE light last night if there's so many?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I let it loop completely and it ended up throwing 37 codes at me total. This is just about every code on the list and I've never had a problem with the car except the two times the CE light came on. The first time was when I removed the intake tube to clean the throttle body and put it back on and it tripped the light. I reset the ECU and it never came back on until last night and it threw 37 codes at me when I checked it tonight.

When I was pulling the ECU out from under the dash I pushed on a wire and the CE light turned off and it sounded like the fuel pump turned off from the rear of the car, then when I pushed on it again the fuel pump came back on and so did the CE light. Seems to me like I unplugged the ECU when I tried to pull it out. Could that be causing a problem?

If I reset the ECU completely will it throw a code again if something's wrong and I can just check that one?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Another update.. I reset the ECU completely and it threw the all-good 0505 code at me. Here's a list of every code it threw the first time I checked it, and I let it loop twice to make sure:

Now this can't possibly be right. Could it be from when I accidentally pushed a wire and unplugged the ECU? If I reset it will it eventually throw the offending code again and I can check and see what really caused the light to come on? This last question is the one I really want answered out of all of them. :(

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean none of you know? lol... come on. I've been driving around with me ECU hanging out on my passenger floorboard for two days. Someone throw me a bone here.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah man.. I counted 37 before it started looping again. I reset it and nothing has come up again yet. I'll keep waiting.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i say take it 2 the mechanics with the lil code reader..

they can detect it in minutes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts