Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GA16 and every time i come home from college, my check engine light pops on for a few seconds then off and keeps repeating this for half the ride home but not on the ride there whats going on anyone know?:wtf:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice thanks i will do that tomarrow and post up those codes

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i went to autozone and the guy said they only do 96 and up and that he has never seen that type of connector, so he had me see this other guy who didn't know how to jump it so he couldn't help me. any other ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How long has it been since you changed your O2 sensor? Sometimes, as they start to go bad it will cause the light to kick on, particularly when you are at higher RPM or under a load.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its never been replaced 106,400, but thats what i think it is too because it hasnt come on and the times it did the car was under load but thanks anyway

·
Registered
66 Posts
The guy at autozone has never seen an OBD I plug? I guess that makes sense. They probably have an OBD I scanner in the place for like $40 but they're too dumb to know what it is.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old post but I will bring it back if it helps anybody...

Reading the Codes
1.Locate the ECU (under your dash in the center) and look for a small screw next to a LED (towards the back end).
2.Turn the ignition to the ON position (engine not running).
3.Turn the screw fully clockwise, wait 2 seconds, and then turn it fully counter-clockwise.
4.The LED will start to display the code by a series of long flashes, followed by a series of short flashes. Your check engine light on the instrument cluster will also flash in the same sequence. This sequence will repeat.

Check Engine Light Codes and Meanings
Long blinks Short blinks Problem
1 1 Crank angle sensor/circuit
1 2 Mass airflow sensor/circuit
1 3 Engine coolant temperature sensor
1 4 Speed sensor
2 1 Ignition signal
3 1 ECM control unit
3 2 EGR function
3 3 Oxygen sensor
3 4 Knock sensor
3 5 Exhaust gas temperature sensor