Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppls, put in CAI on my 05 spec V, later that night the car went into safe mode, i turned the car off, un plugged te maf sensor turned the car back on, and obviously CEL can on, plugged maf back and light wount go off. not sure if i should take it to the dealer or what? and suggestion or advice

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From the B15 FSM:

"The MIL will go off after the vehicle is driven 3 times with no malfunction. The drive is counted only when the recorded driving pattern is met (as stored in the ECM). If another malfunction occurs while counting, the counter will reset."

The driving pattern requires a cold start and driving until the engine is warmed up.

Have patience.

Lew

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
what CAI did you get?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doesnt say i got it off ebay, and that reply isnt 100% accurate cause i drove the car more the 3 times and the light didnt come on until after i unpllugged the maf thing

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
R1maniac said:
i doesnt say i got it off ebay, and that reply isnt 100% accurate cause i drove the car more the 3 times and the light didnt come on until after i unpllugged the maf thing

where'd you get it? Well if the CEL hasn't gone off, something may still be wrong.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
R1maniac said:
The light came on because you unplugged the maf thing. It will take three driving cycles with it hooked back up to go out.

The reply was a direct quote from the factory service manual for your car.

Lew

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

took car to dealer, the guy said that there is no sure thing as "safe mode", but he couldn't explain why the car was running wack., he cleared the CEL and said that there was notthin else showing up.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
R1maniac said:
i got it off ebay
This could be where your problem lies right here. Those CAIs are blunty said not designed for our cars exclusively. I would consider going back to the stock airbox unit.

Edit: and did you disconnect the battery when you did the install?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the cai is fine, without the logos on the aem, you probably wouldnt be able to tell the apart, and yea you have to take the battery out anyways.

·