Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help!!!!!

i took my air box out after installing an cai. i took the sensor off the air box and then started the car. well the check engine light came on, then i replaced the sensor just on the connector. well it did not go off. so i disconnected the batt. and it still dont go off. does anyone have any suggestions on how to turn it off?

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
Make sure all of your hose fittings are snug and in place. I would call the MAF adapter, but your car would die after it gets started if it was installed wrong. Just double check your connections and look over your work. I had no problems installing my PR CAI. I took off the negative terminal of my battery before even doing the install. If all else fails, find out what code the ECU is giving out and work that angle.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive checked every thing. How do i get the reading from the ecu? and is their a code reader that i could plug into the ecu like the gm cars

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
01 SENTRA SE 2.0L said:
Ive checked every thing. How do i get the reading from the ecu? and is their a code reader that i could plug into the ecu like the gm cars
The dealership has a scanner that is basically a OBD-II tool to see if there's anything strange going on with the car. Some people have found that Autozone and Advanced Auto..places like that, also have scan tools to clear codes or diagnose them. You might want to do a quick search at B15sentra.net to see how other people have fixed their problem. I'll see if I can find something out also. ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey, i fixed it. it was the air temp sensor on the air box. just like i thought. i went to autozone and they had to go through 4 code checkers befor they got one to work on my car. he cleared it and whala it went off. he told me when i started the car with out the sensor the comp. could not find it so it triped the light. he also said by just pluging it in it wont fix it, it had to be cleared.

thanks for all you guys help, oh and the ecu code checker is $69.00 for the 2000 and up

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) Here is another tip. If you start you car 50 times the light will go off also. Ive acidently done this twice and talked to a nissan tech and thats what I got told but it works if you want to wait the 50 starts.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, 50 starts. well i hope i never have to do that, but if i have to thanks for the info.

ivan

·
Registered
16 Posts
50 starts

NsX200SX said:
:) Here is another tip. If you start you car 50 times the light will go off also. Ive acidently done this twice and talked to a nissan tech and thats what I got told but it works if you want to wait the 50 starts.
Will this "50 starts" method work on a 91 SE-R?

I am having a similar problem. My cheap ass filter broke off and excessive air was sucked into the intake (hopefully nothing else).

I have tried removing both the positive and negative cables from the battery (one or the other and both off) and leaving them off for hours at a time...still a check engine light...ECU will not reset.

I have not checked the ECU for the flash codes yet. I am hoping that anything that I can do myself will fix it.

Is there a website that has the ECU codes?

I appreciate any tips and help that anyone can give me.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
macabugaoa

depending on where you live, you should try to go to a auto parts store called auto zone. they will check your check engine codes for free. they will also erase the code for free as well. then go from their to see what your car will need

·
Registered
339 Posts
MPFI Computer Codes

macabugaoa said:
Will this "50 starts" method work on a 91 SE-R?

I am having a similar problem. My cheap ass filter broke off and excessive air was sucked into the intake (hopefully nothing else).

Is there a website that has the ECU codes?

I appreciate any tips and help that anyone can give me.
Hello, i have the code list here for TBI and MPFI systems.... here it goes:

Code 11* (1 long flash, 1 short flash) Crank angle sensor/circuit
Code 12 (1 long flash, 2 short flashes) Mass airflow sensor/circuit
Code 13 (1 long flash, 3 short flashes) Coolant Temp. Sensor
Code 14 (1 long flash, 4 short flashes) Vehicle speed sensor
Code 21* (2 long flashes, 1 short flash) Ignition Signal
Code 31 (3 long flashes, 1 short flash) ECM Control Unit
Code 32 (3 long flashes, 2 short flashes) EGR Funtion
Code 33 (3 long flashes, 3 short flashes) Oxygen Sensor
Code 34 (3 long flashes, 4 short flashes) Knock Sensor
Code 35 (3 long flashes, 5 short flashes) Exhaust Gas Temp. Sensor)
Code 43 (4 long flashes, 3 short flashes) Throttle position sensor (TPS)
Code 45 (4 long flashes, 5 short flashes) Injector Leak
Code 55 (5 long flashes, 5 short flashes) EFI System (Normal Operation)

* This code must be read on the red computer led.
"To access the correct mode for self diagnosis, turn the ignition key to ON (engine not running) position. Turn the diagnostic mode selector on the ECM fully clockwise.
On MPFI systems, wait at least two seconds and then turn the diagnostic mode selector fully cunterclockwise. Turn the mode selector fully clockwise again, wait two seconds and and turn it counterclockwise. The ECM is now in Mode II Diags. and will begin displaying codes. Read the codes by the number of flashes of the CHECK ENGINE light. " (Hanes Repair manual Nissan Sentra Page 6-16 / 6-17)

Also, After the tests have been performed and repairs completed, erase the memory by turning the diag. mode selector fully clockwise.

Yes, the "50 starts - ON Position" will work on any 91-94 Sentra, or unplug all the electrical connectors on the ECM for a moment and put them all back again, that should do the trick too.

Hope that helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts