Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.. 1995 Pathfinder V6 3.0L engine with 82K miles. Recently, the check engine light came on and gas mileage went down to 10-12 MPG. FIrst thought is must be the O2 sensor. Today, installed a NTK (NGK) direct replacment plug oxygen sensor. So, try to clear all stored codes and turn the check engine ligt off, turn the ECU screw fully clockwise. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the screw fully counter clockwise. The check light stay off when in idle mode, however, every time I step on the gas pedal the check engine light goes on then turn off went release gas pedal. Anyone know what is happening with this? Do I need to drive the vehicle for a while so the engine management get use to the new O2 sensor? I have disconnected the battery so it will re-set the clear all error codes. Appreciate if you can chime in this matter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help.. 1995 Pathfinder V6 3.0L engine with 82K miles. Recently, the check engine light came on and gas mileage went down to 10-12 MPG. FIrst thought is must be the O2 sensor. Today, installed a NTK (NGK) direct replacment plug oxygen sensor. So, try to clear all stored codes and turn the check engine ligt off, turn the ECU screw fully clockwise. Wait 5 seconds, then turn the screw fully counter clockwise. The check light stay off when in idle mode, however, every time I step on the gas pedal the check engine light goes on then turn off went release gas pedal. Anyone know what is happening with this? Do I need to drive the vehicle for a while so the engine management get use to the new O2 sensor? I have disconnected the battery so it will re-set the clear all error codes. Appreciate if you can chime in this matter.

Reporting back that the check light clear out by disconnect the battery for 3 hours. Finger crossed at this point...

·
3,553 Posts
Read the topic at the top of this very forum on how the ECU works and how to retrieve error codes yourself...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all of your responses. The engine check light came back after I clear from the ECU. The gas mileage went down to 12 MPG. I decided to change the O2 sensor as odometer is at 82K. The engine check engine light never came back. Still need to check to see if my MPG improve. I'll keep you posted if interest?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts