Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i drive a 2001 pathfinder se, check engine light came on and since then the performance of the car is not the same anymore.
Error 1320, ignition coil missfire. Dealer said cannot determine what coil is causing this, advised to replace all 6.
I have read some reviews and some owners did change all 6 coils and issue remained, so before taking any decisions, just wondering if you have any suggestions of how to solve this problem, if theres any way that we can actually pin point the coil that is causin the problem,
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
327 Posts
dealer wants to replace all 6 becuz thats where the money is --$1K. Each individual coil was 300$ for me at the delaer for parts and labor.

I've had 2 go out, #1, and #5. They were able to tell on mine (01 PF) so they should be able to tell on yours.
The service advisor said PF owners were lucky-- for some reason they can't determine the # on VQ maxima's. Why, I have no idea.

Try Autozone or an independent mech to scan your code.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the advice, I took it to check the engine light , theres a primary code but not a secondary one, so they cannot tell which coil is causing this. They advised to wait until the engine light comes back again maybe then it would give them a secondary code for the exact coil, in the meantime the performance of the truck is not the same anymore, hope to get it fixed once the engine light comes back again

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
The P1320 code doesn't tell the exact coil...unfortunately! In rare cases, the exact cylinder misfire WILL show. It never fails though that when we replace the one faulty coil, another will go bad! To save the customer money in the long run, we recommend ALL 6 coils...:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts