Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new guy here-

Just today, I purchased a '97 Altima to use as a commuter car to help offset the hight fuel prices I/we are experiencing with diesel (for my truck) right now :mad:

As soon as I pull off the lot, I went to the first gas station to fuel up. If it matters, it was a Citgo station. The moment I started the car, I felt the engine sort of "flutter", and it ran rough until I got underway. Also, the CE light came on, and has not shut off since.

I test drove the car extensively, and never had the light before-
My gut instinct would suggest to me that this has something to do with the fuel.......maybe its methanol? Water in the fuel?

What would you folks think, and suggest I look at?
Everything else seems normal-

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be a number of things, fuel filter, bad plugs, injector misfire, plug wires, trash in fuel tank or lines. The easy way to find out for sure, if you don't own a scan tool is to take it by Auto Zone or other auto store, let them run a scan test on the car. This will tell you exactly what the problem is, then you can go forward. Do you know when the car was last tuned up? You said after you started it up it ran rough, I would check the fuel filter or pump. Hope this helps.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,022 Posts
You should have a dealer warranty on the car. Take it back to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts