Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When keying in ignition (radio on, before engine start), all the lights (seat belt, overdrive... etc) are lit except for the Check Engine Light. We checked the Check Engine light bulb and is fine.

The smog test cannot be completed because the MIL status remains off. Assumption is that the faulty check engine light does not allow for the completion of emission diagnostic cycle to enable MIL status on.

Welcome any other suggestion for why engine light not coming on in ignition mode. Is replacing the whole cluster to correct the only way to get Check Engine Light back on?

Thanks in advance.

·
I've had more cars than U
686 Posts
I would start with a cluster because it will be cheaper than the diagnostic time it will take to track down the fault.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Just curious but nobody has messed with the ecu screw, have they?

Has your Maxima always done this or was it working at some point?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first time this has happened.

After tinkering with the ECU screw, plug and unplug the ECM harness, the engine light came back on. Still not sure why. In the process, we busted up the screw mounting the ECM harness cover. If anyone knows the part number, please post so I can get replacement because the dealers have no clue.

With the check engine light now working, the MIL status remains OFF so still not ready for smog test. Hopefully this time eventually the MIL status will turn to ON.

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
I think internetautomart should be able to help with the part #...if there is one.

·
I've had more cars than U
686 Posts
I don't believe there is a part # for it. you may just need to try several different sizes and thread pitches to find the right one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts