Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I'm not too familiar with the Sentra platform, but i'm reasonably experienced with cars. I just finished changing the clutch on my brother's friends '94 sentra (1.6L engine, i believe). I jumped it this evening (it had been sitting for a while before i got to it) and took it for a test drive. I immediately noticed the speedo pegged at zero. guess i forgot to reconnect that. oops.
After about 5 minutes the check engine light came on. It was running great (not a mas air flow sensor or anything i believe). Would the lack of a speedo connection trigger that or is there something else obvious i should check?
thanks for the help in advance
Jesse

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
how about this,
where can i go to get the codes for why the check engine is on? some place like autozone or advance autoparts work, or do i need to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah autozone will read them for you. Check to see that the air temp sensor is plugged in. It is located before the mas on the intake tube.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, i found the temp sensor, but now i'm trying to figure out the speedo. Either i unknowlingly or someone else really borked the connector. If anyone can send me a picture of their speedo connector in the car, it would help me tons. It looks like to me that it is a red and green wire plugged into one of the standard connectors. unfortunately on the car I'm working on, the wires got ripped out of the connector and I am trying to get it all back together and making good electrical contact.
thanks again
Jesse

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might not be able to get the codes checked out at a parts store(checker, autozone, etc.) i work for check and i know that we cant read the codes with the reader we have....oh and PS if you are looking for the Diagnostics port on the car it is in right under the fuse pannel in your car.
-ben

·
Registered
303 Posts
kudude said:
okay, i found the temp sensor, but now i'm trying to figure out the speedo. Either i unknowlingly or someone else really borked the connector. If anyone can send me a picture of their speedo connector in the car, it would help me tons. It looks like to me that it is a red and green wire plugged into one of the standard connectors. unfortunately on the car I'm working on, the wires got ripped out of the connector and I am trying to get it all back together and making good electrical contact.
thanks again
Jesse
I don't know, I have a B14 and it has a "cable" that threads onto the speedometer pinion at the rear of the transaxle.
Was the air intake temp sensor plugged in? I had to really push mine in, it almost went through the intake tube because of the force I was applying. It was my problem though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts