Nissan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cheaper route to purchase a small battery that would fit in the my battery tray. Since I got a FMIC. Its pretty expensive for the SVR half battery and even more expensive for the Relocation Kit. Is there a battery that I can buy and turn on its side? Let me know if you find anything. or just another half size battery that is cheaper than the SVR? That I might be able to find at like AutoZone for some store like that.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
ckykm said:
Is there a cheaper route to purchase a small battery that would fit in the my battery tray. Since I got a FMIC. Its pretty expensive for the SVR half battery and even more expensive for the Relocation Kit. Is there a battery that I can buy and turn on its side? Let me know if you find anything. or just another half size battery that is cheaper than the SVR? That I might be able to find at like AutoZone for some store like that.

Thanks
How much the the particular SVR you're looking at? I paid right at $100 for my Hawker Odyssey PC680 and gold SAE battery terminals. I don't think this is too much either, considering it's probably one of the cheaper ways to save weight (other than gutting).

-Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2Fass240us said:
How much the the particular SVR you're looking at? I paid right at $100 for my Hawker Odyssey PC680 and gold SAE battery terminals. I don't think this is too much either, considering it's probably one of the cheaper ways to save weight (other than gutting).

-Andy
does it provide enough power?
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
you can check out the optima red or yellow tops. They are completely sealed so you can set them on their side. I have the red top and its not that large. Quite a bit smaller than a Pep boys battery and it has a VERY deep cycle and has plenty of power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
Joel can we have a picture

My battery is 190x190x170mm and i tried to rotate it and it seams it does not fit for 5-10mm


any modification done to the cables?
 

·
Pivot 180
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
I still have all the stock wires. Its a bit of a squeeze though. I forgot to mention that the battery you see on my car is a particular shape - very common in japan but western countries for some reason like to use larger dimensioned batteries. I cant recall the code for the size and orientation of the terminals, sorry. I had the mobile battery guy bring a whole heap out and we test fitted a few till we got one that fit. Cost me $150 AUD which i would guess is around $100-$120 USD. That included callout and fitting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
storey said:
Capacity: 16 Amp Hours

sorry to ask but are u crazy? my 200sx s13 book advise to use a 60Ah battery or larger

i had untill now on the car a 42Ah Varta battery made on 1996 but this year "she" died, i already found a 175x175x190 Varta batery for 45$ 50Ah, but i try to get a 175x172x222 (L x l x H) Tudor battery which has 70Ah


Joel said:
I still have all the stock wires. Its a bit of a squeeze though. I forgot to mention that the battery you see on my car is a particular shape - very common in japan but western countries for some reason like to use larger dimensioned batteries.

u are wright here in Europe comon size is 210x175x190 (this is the small size)

and 240x175x190 this is a medium zise, and u can find battery bigger and bigger

but i searched on the websites of the company wich produced battery here (Zap , varta , tudor) and they also make battery for japan car, but to get one of this u must place an order and wait even a month, from shops u have no chance to buy one, (and another problem is that here + and - positions is swiched compared the the japan type)
 

·
Pivot 180
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
That looks like a wheelchair battery.
Worst case is you get an odyssey battery but they are pretty expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
crazy? maybe a little. but it works just fine. i have only been using it for a year but i have never had any problems.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top