Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for anything i may have missed in the motor mod dept, i would like to try and find some cheap ways to get a little more pep....i dont want to spend alot, i am planning on doing a sr20det swap in the next year or so so cheap is good

i heard the egr valve does something? i also heard it is good to eliminate so any ideas on that?

i allreaddy have a custom made CAI and full exhaust system (soon to take cat out)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sup man. I have found a good amount of info on the EGR but lost all the bookmarks and not quite sure where I found it.(Nissanforums.com, sr20.com etc.) There a re a couple of things you have to watch for, sends ecu into limp mode. Other than that it does remove extra crap from the engine bay, helps prevent the additional carbon build-up on the TB and manifold, but it does decrease gas mileage a bit. Nothing really substantial, less than you just raping the throttle. Since you already have the b14 there is no cheap cam swap to give you anymore topend. I would just really look at how much power you want to make along with what you want to spend(meaning can spend) and then take a look at your options. PnP will do a good amount for you but is pricey, same with any of the other methods of improving flow on the manifolds. Me personally, im getting an extra engine and going to take my time and build that the way I want it. All the bolt-on stuff will be last onto that engine. PLus then when I get stupid ideas I have a spare. Dont take this as stone facts just trying to help with what I have looked at along with have previous experience. Oh if you really want the car to feel faster, not just make more power, really look at the light flywheels and UD pulleys. The pulley can be a PITA to find since they are no longer made, but there is always someone going SR or selling the car and will part with them.

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
something cheap is you can advance the ignition timing, but you gotta run 93 octane.

·
Registered
92 Posts
bust the cat.. and advance your timing... you'll see a lil gain in power .. do you have header? those are cheap on ebay..

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
If you plan on swapping the motor, why waste money on it? This thread is pointless.

bust the cat.. and advance your timing... you'll see a lil gain in power .. do you have header? those are cheap on ebay..
Gutting the cat is going to do nothing unless its clogged. The stock cats flow very well.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was planning on taking the whole cat out on sunday and i didnt want to get headers because of getting a whole nother motor

·
who needs clearcoat
239 Posts
If you're really gonna put a different motor in it anyway why don't you just improve the brakes or suspension since you will keep those even after the swap and you're not just paying for parts you're gonna throw away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts