Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
And then you have the problem my alternator is having.....overcharging. I noticed the cruise control light on the dash started pulsating going down the highway the other day, and checked it out when I got home. At idle with nothing turned on, it was at 14.3 volts. Ok, that's in the normal range so no problem there. Then when I revved the engine up around 2.5 - 3K RPMs, it jumped over 16v. Yikes! Not good at all. If I turn on the heater blower motor to either setting 3 or 4, the voltage output stays in the normal range. There is only one thing that I know of that causes that: Faulty voltage regulator, that is of course built into the alternator. At 209K miles I would say that the alternator served this car well, but it's time to retire it. I was surprised that the MIL did not come on. Anyway, I wanted to add that info to this thread in case anyone else has had that experience.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.