Should my 1997 Nissan quest die when I pull the ignition fuse?
The vehicle most likely has a parasitic current draw somewhere in the electrical system. First thing to check is to make sure there are no lights or accessories left on with the keys removed and the doors/trunk fully closed. You need to have a multimeter with at least a 10 amp range setting. Assuming the charging system voltage is ok and the battery is good, the next thing to do would be to have a parasitic draw test performed; there should not be more than a 50 milliamp draw on the system with the ignition switch in the "OFF" position. Connect the multimeter to the negative side of the battery. If there is a higher draw, you need to do some testing to find out where the draw is coming from. Remove fuses one at a time until the draw goes away or falls into acceptable range.If I unhook both battery cables at night the battery doesnt drain it will start it in the morning but if I leave it hooked up it drains over night