Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have just bought a pair of Extreme PIAA H4 and H3 to change my bulbs. I tried pulling the H4 out but they do not come out from the rear. I removed the screw on top and side of the Headlight, but the headlight would not move.

As for the Fogs, I have no clue where to start for I cannot access it from the rear as the wheel access is blocked

Does anyone have a step by step of what to do for I am not the first in the world who has decided to do that

·
Registered
327 Posts
the fogs will come out from the front. You need to pry the plastic cover to the sides off with a scredriver covered with a cloth. Lever against the glass fog till it just pops off. The fog light housing is just bolted in. Unbolt, pop the bulb out from the back, insert new bulb, don't touch, bolt back in, pop plastic piece back.

headlights, not sure, havent had to look at them yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inanima said:
the fogs will come out from the front. You need to pry the plastic cover to the sides off with a scredriver covered with a cloth. Lever against the glass fog till it just pops off. The fog light housing is just bolted in. Unbolt, pop the bulb out from the back, insert new bulb, don't touch, bolt back in, pop plastic piece back.

headlights, not sure, havent had to look at them yet.

Thanks...I will gove the fog lights a shot and wait for anyone who has ever done the headlights...will keep you posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sexybeast said:
Thanks...I will gove the fog lights a shot and wait for anyone who has ever done the headlights...will keep you posted.

Thanks
OK got the fog lights done in around 10 mins for both. Actually, it is better not to pry on the side of the foglight but the other side for this is where the clips are.

Once I am done doing the headlights, I will put out a step by step instructions on how to do both...but I still need help on the HEADLIGHT

Anyone can help ???

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
sexybeast said:
OK got the fog lights done in around 10 mins for both. Actually, it is better not to pry on the side of the foglight but the other side for this is where the clips are.

Once I am done doing the headlights, I will put out a step by step instructions on how to do both...but I still need help on the HEADLIGHT

Anyone can help ???

Thanks
I am not sure if this is too late, but here's what I did when I changed mine to SilverStars. The headlight bulbs are actually covered by this black rubber cover which is located behind the headlight assembly. Typically in Hondas, these are hard plastics that you twist/screw off to loosen. In our Pathfinders, you just have to grab the rubber edges and slowly pull them out. Once you get them off, the bulbs are locked or pinned by this metal clip. You'll see this thin bar with a loop on one end. This metal clip is fastened by a hook so you'll have to push the bar in and to the side to unhook it. Then you can flip this bar and carefully pull the bulb out. As always, make sure you don't touch the actualy bulb since you don't want to get your fingerprints on them. They could cause your bulb to go out early. So use clean gloves or an old t-shirt. Once you put the new bulbs, just reverse the process. I hope this helped.

SilverStars tend to have a shorter lifetime. It's either that or I got a defective one. I have the yellow ion H3's for my fogs but not PIAA's for my headlamps. Let me us know how the PIAA's look.

Never had to align the headlights, but when you do, park your car at an even, level surface and shine the lights to a wall. Then you can tighten or loosen the mounting screws until they align. At least in my Toyota, doing so adjusts the position of the headlight unit as well as the beam. You may have to use a different process if you ever got into an accident before and it caused the mounting brackets to bend out of place. Some, if not most, vehicles today have the "level bubble" (don't know what they're called) and you use them to see if your headlights are level. Don't know if ours have them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rowboat Pathy said:
I am not sure if this is too late, but here's what I did when I changed mine to SilverStars. The headlight bulbs are actually covered by this black rubber cover which is located behind the headlight assembly. Typically in Hondas, these are hard plastics that you twist/screw off to loosen. In our Pathfinders, you just have to grab the rubber edges and slowly pull them out. Once you get them off, the bulbs are locked or pinned by this metal clip. You'll see this thin bar with a loop on one end. This metal clip is fastened by a hook so you'll have to push the bar in and to the side to unhook it. Then you can flip this bar and carefully pull the bulb out. As always, make sure you don't touch the actualy bulb since you don't want to get your fingerprints on them. They could cause your bulb to go out early. So use clean gloves or an old t-shirt. Once you put the new bulbs, just reverse the process. I hope this helped.

SilverStars tend to have a shorter lifetime. It's either that or I got a defective one. I have the yellow ion H3's for my fogs but not PIAA's for my headlamps. Let me us know how the PIAA's look.

Never had to align the headlights, but when you do, park your car at an even, level surface and shine the lights to a wall. Then you can tighten or loosen the mounting screws until they align. At least in my Toyota, doing so adjusts the position of the headlight unit as well as the beam. You may have to use a different process if you ever got into an accident before and it caused the mounting brackets to bend out of place. Some, if not most, vehicles today have the "level bubble" (don't know what they're called) and you use them to see if your headlights are level. Don't know if ours have them.
Thanks man, I will do that tomorrow and let you know

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts