Nissan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 1998 Sentra GXE and i want to change the instrument cluster lights to blue. Do you guys know the size and shape of the bulbs and where i can get some? thanks a lot

·
Registered
430 Posts
elbow grease...
you plannin on wirin up some bigger lights?
or you just gonna take out the old ones and put in different colors?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The other day I was thinking it would be cool to mount a small black light above the white face plates somehow. It would look sweet at night.

·
Registered
430 Posts
it'd look nice if you find a way to put the light in the cluster...
but clusters only have one size bulbs... the small ones.

you'd have to set up a light transfering plastic piece... one that has black trim in the same spots as the cluster... then you put the black light (hidden so it's legal) up directly above the plastic cover...

the light will shine down into the plastic piece in front of the cluster, and hit the white gauges... but unless you put a 2nd one coming up from the bottom it will hit the top and it will fade down, making it hard to read your bottom gauges.

keeping in mind.. this is all make-it-yourself.

·
Registered
430 Posts
then just tie the light into the cluster lights (you'd have to figure out which wire connector and wires coming off of the cluster turns the cluster lights on)

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
the stock cluster lights use 194 wedge bulbs. you can get them in leds or in regular hyperwhite and both will look fantastic.

if you want the full face glow maybe wiring a custom gig to shine onto the face.

also check out importintelligence.com for alot of different ideas.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the stock cluster lights use 194 wedge bulbs. you can get them in leds or in regular hyperwhite and both will look fantastic.

if you want the full face glow maybe wiring a custom gig to shine onto the face.

also check out importintelligence.com for alot of different ideas.
is that the same with all sentras?

·