Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when my dad and I changed the clutch on my car he took the fluid line off the slave cylinder and the clutch pedal went to the floor. No problem we'll just bleed it and put new fluid in it. .. The fluid was rather dirty and when we went to put everything back together and clutch would not pump up, I would sort of feel some resistance building up but very very quickly stopped. Thinking that all the dirt in the master cylinder kept the seal and kept it working. Just want to know if it really is the master cylinder, because my car is sitting 30 miles away at my uncles, so i want to make sure that, that's the problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or for some reason do you think the clutch rod wasn't adjusted far enough out to create enough pressure on the system? I did adjust the clutch about 2 weeks ago because it was too high, but I don't think how it was adjusted now is crazy. Anyway bought a new master cylinder, unfortunately the paypal won't clear until the 4th or 5th ... so I think i'm boned for a while.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Sounds like you have a leak some where in the system?

It could be the Master (but your replacing it), slave or rubber line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well with the line disconnected from the slave my dad had his finger over the line,checking for pressure as I was pumping the clutch with my hand, and there was hardly anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
master?

Did you bench bleed the master cylinder before you put it in? try replacing the slave cylinder or make sure the rod is sitting in place . if maybe when you disconected the line air got trapped in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts