Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am planning to have a change oil this coming December.

May I ask what's the best engine oil and spark plug for our Nissan E15 engine?

Other items I need to replace are oil filter and fuel filter, did I forgot something?

Thanks!

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
sounds more like a full service than an oil change. anyway, a good oil will be any high quality high mileage 10W30, or if you have weather that is below 40F, or 0 C, a high quality high mileage 5W30 oil. do not change to synthetic, it's not recommended for a high mile. as for a filter, Wix or Purolator are great. spark plugs and wires, well Nissan uses NGK for their stock systems, so just go with the NGK OEM replacements. they're great. you could also use NGK G-power plugs. they're good platinum plugs, and being a 4-cyl, it's not much money to sweat about.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I use Valvoline 10w 30 oil. I love the stuff.

As far as plugs go, I only use NGK and NGK wires.
The NGK wire sets are amazing.

Oh, and changing your own oil is super easy. A lot of
people don't realize how easy it is. All you need is
something to catch your old oil, a socket wrench and
a car jack. You can do it in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Valvoline 10w 30 oil. I love the stuff.

As far as plugs go, I only use NGK and NGK wires.
The NGK wire sets are amazing.

Oh, and changing your own oil is super easy. A lot of
people don't realize how easy it is. All you need is
something to catch your old oil, a socket wrench and
a car jack. You can do it in about 10 minutes.
Thanks for the reply guys. May I ask what is the right spark plug gap?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I use Mobil 1 on my 99 Max. Its the freaking best motor oil. Its a 5W-30 and I also use a Mobil oil filter. My car has 140,000 miles on it and it runs like a beast!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I use Mobil 1 on my 99 Max. Its the freaking best motor oil. Its a 5W-30 and I also use a Mobil oil filter. My car has 140,000 miles on it and it runs like a beast!!!
nice to hear that your car still runs like a beast...

the Philippines is a tropical country, so I will i be fine with a 10W-30?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah go with 10w-30 mobile 1, castrol, valvoline, all good oils. I use a K&N oil filter with Royal purple 10w-30(person before me ran it on synthetic). Synthetic is really expensive so I wouldn't recommend going that route, though my car runs extremely smoothly.

Might want to invest into a cap/rotor for it also.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
Yeah go with 10w-30 mobile 1, castrol, valvoline, all good oils. I use a K&N oil filter with Royal purple 10w-30(person before me ran it on synthetic). Synthetic is really expensive so I wouldn't recommend going that route, though my car runs extremely smoothly.

yeah, do NOT switch to synthetic. you can't switch back, and you should definitely NOT switch to it on vehicles with over 100000 miles. luckily mine was under, so i switched.

synthetic is better. handles more heat, and lasts longer. but not everyone can use it!

as for the filter, i would still recommend Wix or Purolator. i just haven't heard of a lot of people running the K&N's, that's all. not even in my mechanic circles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
K&N are just great filters all around, check em out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys,

I went window shopping yesterday and here are the oils available:

Protec Enoc Premium Virgin Based 20W-50
Castrol Magnatec 10W-40
Pertua Apex 15W-50 Semi-synthetic
Mobil Super XHP Plus 15W-40

I was thinking of using either Castrol or Mobil for my 1989 Nissan California-E15.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I did not find any 10w-30 in the stores.

So, is it ok to use Castrol Magnatec 10w-40 or Mobil Super XHP Plus 15w-40 instead?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, My car has 213k miles and runs perfectly with synthetic. But my cars engine is in very very good condition.

Also, I wouldn't put 15w-40 in Your sentra, if you have to put the 10w-40 over anything.

·
DANIEL REYES is a THIEF
346 Posts
I use Castrol GTX 10-40 in everything I own and have never had a single oil-related issue. I've also pushed oil changes beyond 20k miles. Winter lows of -20, usually around 10. Summer highs of 100, usually 85-ish.
I love the stuff. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I communicated with the previous owner of my 1989 Nissan California and he told me he used 15w-50 synthetic Oberon Oil.

This brand is new to me. Has anyone used Oberon?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts