Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work today i noticed two small round headlights coming in the distance. I couldn figure out waht it was unitl it was about a foot away from my bumper. An idiot in a Celica. We where on a two way road and i was behind some one else so there was no way i could take off. Oh and my engine wasnt warmed up. I knew that a few miles ahead it turned into highway and that that was when i was gona show this idiot the power of the SR20. He really didnt realise how fast they are. Anyway to get to the point got to the highway and went a little slow and pulled over for him. I let him get just beside me and then i dropped it to 3rd. I could see in his face that he couldnt beleive it. I was leaving him strait away. It was a great feeling. My gear changes where qucker then i ever have before. I just completely left him for dust. I could tell he was putting his foot down cause i could see the lights raising through the gears. I thought a Celica would be more of a contest but obviously not. Another car killed by the SR20.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
The Celica GTs are pretty slow, I test drove one and wasn't impressed at all. Find a GT-S and it'll give you a run for your money.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Celica GT...

ALTYHOLIC said:
Spend a little extra and get the GT-S...geesh!
A little extra? Try about $4,000 extra for only 40 more HP. Ot's not worth getting the GT-S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you should love your car cause if you dont it wont do what you want it to. I treat my car with alot of respect. I dont look for races most of the time they look for me. The Celica was just something i couldn let go. It was a test to see if my SR20 was faster and it worked.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My buddy messed with a brand new GT-S the other day (he has a stock 92 NX2000 with a timing advance). Got the Celica out of the hole, but it pulled HARD in 2nd and 3rd.........had over 4 cars by 70mph when they shut down (in 45mph zone).

Not something that is good to mess with.............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yo is your SRDE20 an Almera GTI, Cos if it is it's nice to hear from someone else in the UK who posts here.
I'm currently running an Almera SRi with Smothed Tailgate 16" TSW Immolas EBC Grooved Discs and Green stuff Pads with a K&N Induction kit and a Jextex Backbox. (Pushing aroung 115-120 BHP, Not too bad for a UK spec GA16DE)

G

Keep The Almera Alive!!!!
:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
YeaH its the Almera and its the SR20DE engine. ITs got 143 BHP standard and ill have hopefully up to 150 HP at the flywheel with a HotShot CAI that im getting just after xmas. Almera's do kick ass. Have you got any pictures of your car. Im not doing any body mods cause power means more then looks to me. I have got some 17 league bandit wheels in white tho.

·
Registered
28 Posts

There's 3 to give you an idea, I haven't got any pics since I flushed the boot, By that's the only body mod I've done, I'm more of a performance man like yourself (couldn't afford the insurance on a GTI) but I'm having nightmares finding parts for a UK Spec GA16DE!! :mad:

BTW How did you get on with 17"s I heard that they rub a bit with 215's???

G

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it might of won the SCCA nationals in its stock class but the one i raced didnt beat me so as far as im concerned SR20's are faster then the Celica GT.

You should shop state side steve. Its cheaper and the parts are so much better. I find that most of the time parts over here are fake immatations. The uk is very ricey. I dont think the UK is up to performance when it comes to nissans. How much insurance do you pay for it then?

Im ordering a Hot Shot CAI, Header, JWT S3 Cams. Im getting my exhuast fiitted over here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I'm only 20 so I'm Paying £1200 Fully comp!!

As for the US parts. The UK Spec GA16DE is different in a few ways such as the Head, Its only single point Injection rather than multipoint, It has no VTC (kinda like VTEC ish) so things like a CAI wont fit properly, But I'm looking into the simularities and what could be transfered.

Hows about them wheels did you have to mod the arches???

G

Oh BTW if you wnat to see my problems with my GA16DE variations see

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10330

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They went strait on no problem. Im 20 and i pay £850 fully comp but thats cause im with an american insurance company and they deal with it differently. Im half american and half english. My dads in the us airforce. Cheap insurance which my friends envy. I dont realy know much about the GA16DE. Im sure a CAI would work tho. You would have to make a few mods to it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah the commercial had even said so......." They just look fast" Even Toyota recognized that they weren't ballsy....a buddy of mine that i work with has a riced out GT-S a 2001 and they really aren't anything to write home about. He knows about the SR20 and he doesn't wanna race or anything so i dunno......

F

·
0 Posts
not all celicas are slow, if you put time into it can be crazy, i saw this car and drv\iver magazine a while back, this guy with a formula one type kit wit a trd engine has about 500 hp. pretty good, but of course you did just race a stock car

1 - 20 of 21 Posts