Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99.5 Pathfinder SE and My Check Engine light had come on. Is there anyway i can check the code myself? or Auto Zone is my destination?

TIA

jon

·
Registered
90 Posts
Auto Zone can check them unless they are dealer propirtory codes, them it will only give the code number ex. P1444, if that code came up they couldn't tell what it is cause their scan tool doesn't recognize it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is very easy to read the code yourself. Any car built since 1996 has a connector in the driver's side footwell that accepts a standard scanner. That's what Autozone uses, but they will not clear the code for you, just read it. If you buy a scanner you can read and clear codes yourself. Look on ebay for Actron 9125 or 9135 scanners- there are usually a lot of them for sale.

·
Registered
760 Posts
HGS said:
That's what Autozone uses, but they will not clear the code for you, just read it.
No, any OBDII code reader made as well as the ones Autozone uses can clear the codes as well as read them. Even the cheapest CReader OBDII code reader that sells for $40 can clear the codes. But you do have another option with your Pathfinder. Up until the 2001 model year there is a diagnostic mode selector screw on your PCM. On yours the PCM is above the gas pedal tucked behind the dash with the screw on top. If you can reach that screw and turn it the codes will flash the CEL on the dash in long and short flashes. If you do a search you can find more detailed steps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts