Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently cut my catalytic converter off of my car. The Cat was clogged up, should I just run it without a converter and weld a pipe in the gap or put out the money for the converter? Its a 95 and i don't get emissions checks on it. It seems to be running better and i have a custom exhaust anyway to help the flow. I am just not sure what negative affects not having it on my car will do. Its a 95 nissan 200sx se. It has been running without the converter for almost a week now and it seems to be running better then when I had it on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I dont see any reason why you couldnt leave it without a cat. If anything, it should get better fuel mileage without the extra restriction.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That comes down to an ethical or enviromental question. U are perfectly fine not putting in a cat. BUT it does not harm the flow enough to justify the extra pollution. So now you decide if you want captain planet to come looking for you or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi aslong as the oxygen sensor is infront of the cat there should be no problem whatsoever !!

you lucky b*****d,i got a 95 primera p10,in the UK n i very much do have to pass an emmisions test to get my MOT,,once it's passed bye,bye cat!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts