Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i live in cali, i just went to get my pathy smogged and it didnt pass emissions. ive been looking all over and cant find a reasonable price for a cat converter. i look online and ive found a ton of them that will fit my truck but they wont sell to cali. does anyone know what and if there is a difference on the cats and if there is what is it. i thought a cat was just a cat and simply just did its job for making the air cleaner. everwhere ive looked online they have said i have to talk to the dealership and the dealerships want a grand just for the part and not even installing it. is that rediculous or what i mean i paid $1100 for the truck and now i have to spend another grand for a part? can anyone help me or point me in the right direction, i have a 93 pathy with the 3.0,,,, thanx for ur time, jesse

·
Registered
44 Posts
what companies have you looked for to obtain a cat?

Try JEGS.

Magnaflow

Cali presesnts its own issue with the C.A.R.B crap. Before companies can sell car parts that affect emmsions "legally", these companies have to get a C.A.R.B # for that part. If not, it can be considered an illegal part and the police can issue you a ticket....suxors big time. Thanks Arnie...

Personally, there should be other alternatives. What do junk yards want for cats off 93-95 cats? A used cat might be hard to find because of the precious metal inside them.

·
3,553 Posts
Tried asking for prices at local muffler and exhaust shops? They can put almost any aftermarket generic cat on there for you if I'm not totally mistaken. My uncle was a Cali mechanic and did tons of cat replacements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts