Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im a 15 year old and i just bought my first car and its a 94 sentra XE and i just got some rims and next im looking at exausts and i havent really seen any cat back exausts for sale for my model and so im most likely going to end up having a custom cat back with 2" piping and i was wondering if anyone who has done thier own cat back before can give me an estimate on how much it cost them?

·
Registered
638 Posts
GReddy makes a cat-back for the 91-94 sentra it's a 2 in. pipe with a stainless muffler, great exhaust. They run about $500 online shop around. Custom will run anywhere from $200-350...

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
When I was looking for an exhaust system, people told me two things:

1) Greddy's exhaust is 2.25"
2) Greddy's exhaust will not fit on a 4 door 91-94

Is any of this true??

·
Registered
58 Posts
the 2 doors and 4 doors are the same length, the greddy exhaust will bolt right up... ask adam, he's got it done, so do a couple other people

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
i had a custom exhaust made, mandrel bent 2" piping from the header back. all i can say, is don't cut out your cat, it will be loud as hell. get a maxima 2" cat, it sounds really good with a resonator. it cost me all in all about 250 for parts. i put in on myself, it took about 3 hours to weld it completely up, so labor would be maybe? $150, depending where you take it. hope this helps.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
You don't need a hi-flow cat since the stock cat is already a decent one and there's no point in paying the money to replace the cat when you already have one that isn't going to hurt performance anyway and removing the cat can actually hurt performance and you will end up with a CEL which is crappy not to mention you won't pass emissions and you will pollute the air like crazy which sucks as well since global warming and all that stuff and the people who drive those big huge SUVs around town aren't helping the situation any either but they're real quick to complain about gas prices when they're sucking down gas at the rate of one gallon every minute so they have to fill their tanks every 38 minutes and then they complain about the price even though gas is only $1.49 for premium over here anyway which isn't half bad compared to Europe where you're likely to pay $1.00 for a litre of diesel which adds up awfully fast especially if you're driving a big old Audi around western Germany at ridiculous speeds and still being passed by those insane German drivers in their sweet BMWs so you've got to ask yourself why the speed limits over here are so low when drivers over in Europe can cruise around at over 175 KPH and still be completely safe because they've all taken a year or so of driving school and don't try to talk on the phone and drive at the same time which I made the mistake of trying to do once and it ended up costing me a fender and $1200 to fix but I got the bumpers and side moldings of the car painted in the process and the car looks really sweet now because it's all the same color except for the door handles because I forgot to tell the bodyshop to paint them but that's okay because they did a sweet job matching the messed-up paint on my ride which is really four different shades of silver since the car has had seven owners in eight years which probably means the car is cursed or possessed or something and explains all the weird things the car does like dying at the same stoplight every day and all the weird noises that come from the clutch.

Yeah.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
samo said:
You don't need a hi-flow cat since the stock cat is already a decent one and there's no point in paying the money to replace the cat when you already have one that isn't going to hurt performance anyway and removing the cat can actually hurt performance and you will end up with a CEL which is crappy not to mention you won't pass emissions and you will pollute the air like crazy which sucks as well since global warming and all that stuff and the people who drive those big huge SUVs around town aren't helping the situation any either but they're real quick to complain about gas prices when they're sucking down gas at the rate of one gallon every minute so they have to fill their tanks every 38 minutes and then they complain about the price even though gas is only $1.49 for premium over here anyway which isn't half bad compared to Europe where you're likely to pay $1.00 for a litre of diesel which adds up awfully fast especially if you're driving a big old Audi around western Germany at ridiculous speeds and still being passed by those insane German drivers in their sweet BMWs so you've got to ask yourself why the speed limits over here are so low when drivers over in Europe can cruise around at over 175 KPH and still be completely safe because they've all taken a year or so of driving school and don't try to talk on the phone and drive at the same time which I made the mistake of trying to do once and it ended up costing me a fender and $1200 to fix but I got the bumpers and side moldings of the car painted in the process and the car looks really sweet now because it's all the same color except for the door handles because I forgot to tell the bodyshop to paint them but that's okay because they did a sweet job matching the messed-up paint on my ride which is really four different shades of silver since the car has had seven owners in eight years which probably means the car is cursed or possessed or something and explains all the weird things the car does like dying at the same stoplight every day and all the weird noises that come from the clutch.

Yeah.
AMEN BROTHER!

now THAT, is one long sentence...

·
Registered
638 Posts
dho said:
When I was looking for an exhaust system, people told me two things:

1) Greddy's exhaust is 2.25"
2) Greddy's exhaust will not fit on a 4 door 91-94

Is any of this true??
Dude the b13 GReddy cat-back is 50mm or 1.97". It doesn't matter how many doors you have it will bolt right up. Nissan part numbers for the oem b-pipe are the same for both 2 and 4 doors. So if you want a GReddy go for it, i love mine...

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Man, I wish these shops around Dallas/Ft. Worth texas knew what they were talking about! I had the money for the Greddy but all the shops said it wouldn't bolt up right and that the diameter was 60mm (Alamo Autosports, Interfinish, Adrenalin, JoTech, Redline, Top Speed, SGP in Deer Park TX, and Boostfactor).

Since they all told me that it wouldn't work on my car, I spent about $400 on a custom 2.25" exhaust which was crap. It was cat back with a tsudo muffler plus my Random Technology High Flow cat. The coolest thing was the exhaust sounded really agressive. One of the turbo shops said my car sounded like it was running straight pipe.

After that $400 on the custom 2.25" exhaust, I spent another $125 or so on my current custom cat-back with 2" mandrel exhaust with JC Whitney Bends, 22" Thrush Glasspack for resonator, Dynomax Ultra-flow welded (540cfm straight through) muffler, and a free Dynomax Dual resonated tip. .

Anyways, I really like the sound from my current exhaust but it's still not a greddy. (This custom Dynomax with these resonated pieces sounds really deep and agressive, without the tip it's really really loud at full throttle, massively agressive and gave a droning sound in cabin but it didn't have a pipe out to the bumper so it sounded like 110db) The greddy was priced around $450 so I could have had the SP instead of this.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
How come mike doesn't mention the Greddy exhaust on Sentra.net? He recommended the 2" mandrel exhaust and I think the Greddy SP should be listed there as an extra option to us 1.6L owners. Some of us could have avoided wasting our money on custom exhausts which most are crush bent, except for the ones made from mandrel bends from JC whitney and other mail order type places. Plus, if we tried to do a stainless steel custom exhaust, the total cost might have been around $600.

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
where do you live..

im getting rid of mine consists of dragun fire exhaust.. deep tone.. and 2.25 piping with cat all the way to the header..

i can sell it to you for 150. if yo live close by

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
a friend of mine has the greddy exhaust on the EXACT same car. we have the same cai, color, options, identical. anyway, we dyno'd his and mine (mine is mentioned on page one) and mine made 2 more hp than the greddy. anyway, if you select the right pieces and find a shop with a mandrel bender, it is cheap. i had my exhaust made (all pipes and labor) was $128, the muffler, resonator, and cat i had bought seperately. total was like 350 or so. so you get more power for less money. also, you have a true custom exhaust.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Adam said:
I think he's more B14 specific in all those articles and writeups over there. After all, that's what all the dyno graphs came from. Maybe he just didn't know?
I agree, Mike should have used a b13 2 door E model for his project car, the E ran 16.8 in the 1/4 mile bone stock. With all the mods he's done on his b14 project car the E would be doing low 15's or better in the 1/4 mile oh well...

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Do you know what the automatic 1.6L B13 did in the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile? I'm really curious. I'd like to know how much of an improvement was made with all the bolt-ons and converter.
Also, do you know what the automatic 2.0L B13 did in the 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile for a comparision?

Thanks,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts