Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read carefully !

WE NEED CARS NOW!!!
This casting call is for the PRIMARY CARS in the movie!

Here are the details:

WEDNESDAY, JULY 3rd, 2002, location TBA announced on www.moviecarZ.com It will most likely be Santa Monica somewhere.
We are specifically looking for these cars:
MR-S, S2000, WRX, Civic, Integra's, NSX's, BMW's, IS300, GS400, Celica, CRX, Eclipse, Focus, Neon, whatever!! Here's how it will work;

Once the location is announced, show up and speak to Craig Lieberman
Civics will be parked with Civics, and so on...when you see a group of your cars, go park with them
DO NOT speak to the Production Team...speak ONLY to Craig Lieberman..."selling" your car to the production team will get you nowhere. Since the team does NOT know the differences between one car and another, Craig has been hired as an Advisor. He will assist in the selection process.
No screwing around...no burnouts, no music bumping, BE PROFESSIONAL.
The location HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED yet but WILL BE ANNOUNCED TUESDAY on www.moviecarZ.com

If selected, here's what to expect;

Your car could be gone for up to six months
Pay rate has not been announced...we've learned that cars in part 1 were paid $100 per day, plus were paid to restore their cars...the average car owner made $25,000 in fees
Your car WILL BE insured by the studio...it will NOT be used for stunts;
Your car MAY be repainted, modified, or altered
www.moviecarZ.com explains the ins and outs of renting cars to the studio...the site is owned and operated by Craig Lieberman who did all the cars for part 1.
Your car WILL be shipped to Florida during some of the filming segments;
NO rental car is provided...if your car is rented, YOU must provide your own alternate transportation;
You MAY be allowed on set during some of the filming, MAYBE....
Logos on your car WILL be changed.
This may be the ONLY casting call in LA...the next one would be in Miami, some time next month.
After the movie, they may opt to buy your car outright, rent it again for promotional appearances, etc.
Details can be discussed with Craig Lieberman on site. Email questions to [email protected]

DO NOT CONTACT US ON THIS...CONTACT CRAIG LIEBERMAN at [email protected] for info

Z

·
0 Posts
Haha! Oh man, FF2 is going to be a bigger rice-fest than the first one. I wonder if I should go over there today with a camera... nah, I have better things to do than check out a parking lot filled with more wings than a chicken coop.

You want to know why there won't be any SE-Rs in that movie? Because the GRC (General Riceboy Content) of the SE-R population is much lower than the GRC of the Civic group. And that's a good thing. :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
i like how in the 7thline of the 1st post he says they are specifacially looking for these cars , and then in the 9tyh line he says whatever...lol:)
oh yeah, this is for fast and furious right? so why look for civics?:pi jest i jest

·
Registered
5 Posts
Basically they are to give you 20 grand to destroy your car. Sorry but a lot of these people there probably dropped 20 or more grand into their car. Is it really worth not having a car for 6+ months and on top of it having someone else beat on your car........sure Ill be there

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well

I dunno depends on how good your car was in the first place. If they take my car (by the way I only paid 500 for) then decide to mod it up and all. HEy I'm all for it !

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
How are you getting 20k to destroy your car? Didnt you see in the first one, the race? All the cars where lined up at the street. Theyre just there, they dont have anything else to do in the movie. I dont really see what you mean. As for the eclipse that gets blown up, thats top notch, and they probably get paid or something, or it probably wasnt even real (cheap model). But I mean, if they are getting so many cars for the movie, you know theyre just gonna be props and nothing is going to happen to them. Its sorta worth it not to have a car. I mean, youre in a movie millions of people are gonna see. And many people will buy the DVD. Then when you watch it with a friend, you can stop at the specific frame and try to tell them thats your car! Awesome! (lol ;) :p )

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Psch91 said:
How are you getting 20k to destroy your car? Didnt you see in the first one, the race? All the cars where lined up at the street. Theyre just there, they dont have anything else to do in the movie. I dont really see what you mean. As for the eclipse that gets blown up, thats top notch, and they probably get paid or something, or it probably wasnt even real (cheap model). But I mean, if they are getting so many cars for the movie, you know theyre just gonna be props and nothing is going to happen to them. Its sorta worth it not to have a car. I mean, youre in a movie millions of people are gonna see. And many people will buy the DVD. Then when you watch it with a friend, you can stop at the specific frame and try to tell them thats your car! Awesome! (lol ;) :p )
Thank you some FINALLY SEE'S MY POINT !

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Point is you put a lot of work, money and pride into your car and you give it up for 6MO to a year. Do you know who is driving your car? What they are doing w/ it....all those cars cant be accounted for all the time. Do you want someone to take it upon themselves to change and mod your car as they see fit? All to maybe see your car for 5 seconds maybe less. If you want people to see and appreciate your car and it is really that nice. Then send pictures to SCC, Import Tuner, SS....ect. you can freeze frame the DVD, but you can frame the fromt cover of the magazine on your wall........See my point now

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Yeah, that makes sense now Importracer. And Racer X, your car is my favorite nissan 200sx of all time! I love the blue color, I love the body kit, I love the back of it, I love the hood, and I will love the turbo! It is just amazing and I wish I had something half as decent. What do you mean its not done? It doesnt matter if its not boostin yet, you still could have showed them your looks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Importracer said:
My Point is you put a lot of work, money and pride into your car and you give it up for 6MO to a year. Do you know who is driving your car? What they are doing w/ it....all those cars cant be accounted for all the time. Do you want someone to take it upon themselves to change and mod your car as they see fit? All to maybe see your car for 5 seconds maybe less. If you want people to see and appreciate your car and it is really that nice. Then send pictures to SCC, Import Tuner, SS....ect. you can freeze frame the DVD, but you can frame the fromt cover of the magazine on your wall........See my point now
Yeah you got a point

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Screw that!!! That movie is so full of shit I would not put my car in it if they put a gun to my head. I know I can beat the civics,so I dont care about that movie. I just cant wait till the movie is over and people are racing in the mall parking lot. I can win some serious money. DUMBASS RICEBOYS!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sentragtr20 said:
Screw that!!! That movie is so full of shit I would not put my car in it if they put a gun to my head. I know I can beat the civics,so I dont care about that movie. I just cant wait till the movie is over and people are racing in the mall parking lot. I can win some serious money. DUMBASS RICEBOYS!!!!!
lol

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I agree with sentragtr20 in the fact that they still have their sights on those riced out honda cars. I think they should be getting down to the nitty-gritty of the art of import racing and that is the true outright performance of Japanese cars. Not focus on a particular brand of vehicles because they have batman wings, noisy exhaust, excessively negative camber and has been the "Casket of choice" for plenty of rice boys. They're promoting frickin' caskets on wheels with nice paint schemes. You don't here kids wiping out in sentras, stanzas, maximas, altimas or any nissan for that matter as much as you hear"deadly Drag-race kills young high school student driving a Honda". No worse than the tobacco industry selling cigarettes to the younger generation. I swear society needs to kill the hate on smaller nissan vehicles. Showing vehicles such as the skyline (out of reach), the 240sx (rwd) and a nissan maxima with a $5000.00 supercharger on it says nothing about the nissan line up except the fact that you had better have big bread if you want power. Everything else was honda civics, integras and preludes that had hydraulics and playstations and TV's and all kinda home entertainment now stuffed in a car and trying to dragrace. I'll say, bring that RX-7 with it's nitrous, stereo and his 2g buy in to me and me and my B12 would break his speedometer and possibly make him break his car. And as for the integras and eclipse, they can't muster the top end to play with me. But I guess it's because I decided to spend a bunch of time, dedication and a few dollars in a 12 yr/old vehicle with 4-doors, I'm an idiot or drive a P>O<S as some would say!! I was dared to be different and that's the path I pursued and am not regretting it. If I can have my car ready by the time they come to Miami, I'll roll out my whip to see if they have some flavor for the old school;)

boost_boy,

1990 nissan sentra 4-dr x 2 w/ CA18DET engines sicked-out for all out highway fun.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Shit I only live in South Carolina. If i have my car finished ,I will ride down and whip those civics ass with you. I will let you have the big wings,and I will get the big 5inch tips.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, I guess that I am stupid then cause I went to check it out. I took my GT-R and they are very interested in it. I would say that around 400 cars were there and 75% of them were really well done cars. Many of them were not my style (road racing), but HIN cars with all the bling bling sh*t. Funny that the only other Nissan's were late model Altima's. No sentra's of Z's at all.

You guys are missing one point about cars, it's a piece of metal that is worth money to someone else. If you have a huge sentimental attachment to your car, it is only you that that has the attachent to the car and you won't get any extra money for it. When you insure your car it is for market replacement value, sentimentality doesn't count unless you pay a huge premium to cover it.

Think about it, if your car got run over by a steamroller tomorrow, what would you do? I would be plenty pissed, but I would go out and buy another one and start over.

If they want to offer me $20k+ to have my car for 6 months, then thats a bunch of money to pay off debt and buy more mods when the car comes back. I will reserve final judgement until I see the terms of a contract.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Sure it is alot of money,but what will you drive. I sure would not be a GT-R and if they use it. You will miss it..

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
LOL:p You're sick, but I like your attitude. Well, at least most of the guys with hondas don't even REV on my P>O<S B12 because they know about spankage!! I hope you can get your car ready because we have a serious case of honda-fried rice here in south florida and it's like food poisoning...

Dee

1 - 20 of 39 Posts