Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My first post.. =)

I replaced my timing belt on my 300ZX 90 NA, and stupid as i was, i took of the CAS sensor 3x12mm bolts and unplugged the contact.

When new gates belt was on, and the cas mounted in place, the car starts very easy like it used to, but sounds like it doesnt get any fuel at all.
The sound of engine is like what it used to be the first 2 seconds, but then rpm falls to 500-600 and the engine is dying.

Im sure the belt is 100% correctly on aligned with white marks. All contacts has been cleaned, and wires are in great condition.
The car was working perfect until this sensor came off.

Probably a stupid thing to do, but i tried to start the engine with the new belt in place, without the CAS sensor.

Have i ruined everything? What should i do?

No Nissan dealers here in Norway dont even want to look at my car...

All help will be greatfull. Got videos and pics if some kind person will help me out..

Emailadress: [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not yet. Maybe i should.. Will CAS give a code if it isnt set right ?

Ive tested the CAS by turning the cylinder, and each injector sprays fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, i have not used timing light yet.. Hoped it was an easy problem to fix, but guess not..

Can this sensor somehow be mounted wrong ?

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
If you pulled the CAS off did you just slap it back together when you put it on? The key on the CAS fits a certain way when mounting and if you forced it on then you damaged the CAS. Any time you touch the CAS the timing must be checked with a timing light. If you did not use a timing light please do more research on your Z before you work on her next time. You can do serious damage to your motor if you don't know what you are doing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the cas can only be mounted at a certain way, i know there is slits in both ends..
I carefully placed cas back on, without any force at all..

So everytime the cas has been removed, you must use the timing light afterwards?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In other words, i have to reset the timing on my Z?

Another question, the engine is only running for 10 seconds each time, and then i will have to fire it up again..

Can i still use my timing light ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update; When i took of the CAS, I it came off with the hole bracket itself, (3x12mm bolts) and I did not adjust the CAS.

Just took it off with bracket, and mounted it back on.

Is this enough to mess timing up ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update; When i took of the CAS, I it came off with the hole bracket itself, (3x12mm bolts) and I did not adjust the CAS.

Just took it off with bracket, and mounted it back on.

Is this enough to mess timing up ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im having a code 11 after the timing service everything is correctly timed as in the teeth and the belt (I counted cogs and rotated engine 12 times) but when I went to put cas back in i guess I did exert some force into it to get it to fit I didn't know that there was a certain way it was supposed to click in. now the car cranks but no start and has a code 11 do you think I damaged the cas its self and it needs to be replaced or something else. is this the cause of no start?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts