Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the cars you have owned, which ones were the most fun to drive?

Mine would have to go as such.

1. early 95 Talon TSI AWD. Ugly as hell and 300+awhp (biggest blast of fun EVER, even w/ no ABS in wyoming snow!) not to mention I got to go through the mountains in this car, so it's unfair hehe

2. 06 WRX TR. (Open source stage 2 ~260awhp) auto-x/racing suspension and lost about 400lbs from the car with mods and stripping.

3. 85 corolla GTS. ran strong, super light, RWD+LSD=super fun around town!

4. 08 STi, actually slower than both my 1 and 2 but still fun b/c it carried my 2 bikes at 100mph+ LOL

5. 09 370Z (will move up if she can prove herself, the other cars and I had history)

6. umm 02 WRX I suppose, everything past this is kinda boring....

5 Toyotas, 5 Subarus, and now my first Nissan. I think I'll keep her and save up and maybe have a 240 for a daily in the future... anyone wanna lend me a winning lotto ticket? :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm,

I would have to say first is the TT G for sure. Second would be the 540i 6 speed with the M sport package. Tied in third would be my old 240 with the swap and the 4th gen max with the swap (240 was HELLA faster but the ridiculous torque on the max was an absolute blast). Next the 07 GTI (actually a very very nice car) and lastly my 02 eclipse GT. Other cars don't qualify to be on the list :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've only had 3.

94 Eclipse 5 spd
00 Eclipse Auto
05 G35 6MT

1st is definitely the G, hands down. 2nd the 94 E. She was light and fun.

Ha, I beat you BlueBob! 3 to your 4. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
ive had two..

07 Maxima 3.5SL - so far has been the most fun i have OWNED.
05 Altima 3.5SE

now, while i was in cali i rented a hyundai accent..... and that car has seen more air than a friggin kite. :D so what if i returned it smoking... it still drove :D and the dude gave it to us with some electrical tape over the SES light hahahaha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, I wanna go next time LOL. Sounds like the guy we convinced to go mudding in his geo metro a few years back. I don't know why he let us murder his car but we used to get some nice one wheel burn outs going.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn, I wanna go next time LOL. Sounds like the guy we convinced to go mudding in his geo metro a few years back. I don't know why he let us murder his car but we used to get some nice one wheel burn outs going.
hahahah yeah dude it was a good time. i think i got that car like 3-4ft off the ground.. of course after that it was makin some weird squeaking noise ahaaha

Uuuuhh, people?

uhh... hmm.. not exactly. :D

now... cardboard cut-outs of people, yes. hahahah.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pulled a dukes of hazzard in my 00 E. Missed the drive, I was flying, got about 4' when she hit the bumper flew off, and something was dragging. Never did figure out what that went to. We ripped it off though. She kept right on rolling too. She was a fighter. I put her thru hell. She wasn't the most fun, but she got most the abuse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'm going by MOST FUN TO DRIVE, like 1st post says... not in order of my favorite overall though, if that makes sense..

1. 94' chevy beretta z26 w/ 3.1 v6, cammed, chipped, ported, intake, glasspack cat-less exhaust, 217 fwhp on auto trans LAWLZ
2. 87' bmw 318, my first car, lots of memeries, 4spd + rwd = fun
3. 2000 dodge neon R/T, lowerd, suspension mods worth more than the car, tinted, system, 17s, stripped, fwd corner carver!
4. 2003 mazda b3000 dual sport single cab 4x4, 3.0 v6 + 5sp + 4wd = muddin, exhaust, clutch...
5. 81' chevy short-box full size van, 3 on the tree, 250 straight 6, MYSTERY MACHINE
6. 82' datsun maxima, OOOOLLLLLDDD schoolin' current daily project

80s vehicles FTW!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't even want to rank mine

I have owned the 02 corvette, 06 mustang gt, 97 sentra, and the 97 200sx se-r

The se-r was turbocharged and loads of fun. Total sleeper in my opinion.
The mustang was my first taste of american V8
The 1.6L Sentra got me from point a to b
Well, my current car gets the most looks from random people. It is fun, but I am tempted to rank the se-r in front for right now....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My list:

1. 2010 Porsche 911 GT3 (coming December 2009) - the car that has everything

2. 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera (full X51 engine upgrade, ROW M030 suspension, GT3 control arms, Euro GT3 seats) - the car that made me join a track

3. 1997 Nissan Maxima - Ultimate sleeper

4. 1989 Saleen Mustang (number 030) - 97 point multiple car show trophy winner, great handling and looking, the only car I ever regret selling

5. 2000 Miata - The car that got me to Pro Solo

6. 1979 Porsche 911 SC - Bodywork completed earlier this year, right now at the upholstry shop, should be moving up the list soon

So what's not on this list? The truck I owned for 5 months (hated it), the Honda I owned for a year (disliked it) and that POS 04' G35 Coupe I special ordered and bought new. Thanks for the big check from the Lemon Law case Nissan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish I had a job where I could afford a Porsche ^_^ Or heck, a job where I could afford my Z and still afford to move out of my parents house LOL.

So you ordered the Porsche? did you get to drive that particular model yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My order went into the Porsche order system over a month ago. I have until October 1st to lock down final specs. I haven't driven a 10' model as the first new GT3s are just now getting delivered and all the launch cars are pre-sold. Porsche is only bringing 400 GT3s to the US for 10' and less than 1000 total worldwide. I've driven both the 04' and 07' GT3s. I've had a deposit in line at the dealer since last summer.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Loren, some car dealership down the road has one of the V8 front engine porsches for sale. You should go get that one :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loren, some car dealership down the road has one of the V8 front engine porsches for sale. You should go get that one :)
You mean those Touring Cars with engines in the front? Why would I want a front engine touring car, when I could get a better handling sports car with the engine in the back like all Indy and F1 cars have? After all, the best handling sports cars have engines in the back. It is even true for street cars. Look at SCCA Solo II Super Stock (SS) class. They banned 911 Turbos and GT3s from stock classes for years. Even though the Z06 had more power, was lighter and had wider wheels and tires; they would not allow the rear engine cars to compete. The Z06 hence ruled the class. In 2007, they made a change to allow only the older 996 GT3 to run in stock classes and the Z06 hasn't won a national championship since.

...and yes you can an even put an LSX in the proper postion in a real sports car:

911 All Aluminum LS Series Conversion

:woowoo:

Hmmm...2400 lb 911 S/C with wide bodywork...foreshadowing...

·
In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
1,906 Posts
Most fun would be my '99 Maxima. So much debauchery in that car...lmao

Sooo
1-1999 Maxima
2-1992 Mazda MX3 GS...1.8l v6!!
3-2006 Mazda 3 (yeah it's Jessica's but it's fun to drive)
4-1985 Z28
5-1972 Chevelle (the car I learned to drive in!)
6-1974 Nova
7-1974 Ford F250

I've had others but they weren't "fun"...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts