Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody own or see these cargo liners on ebay?

I'm thinking of getting one. At $46.95 us buy it now, how bad can they be?

I got the dealer to throw in the X-Trail Cargo mat, however it's not a luxurious as I would have liked.

Free is free... They wanted $250 retail for this.. No Way I would have paid that much for it. $80, maybe

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
I have one

I love mine.. I purchased it on eBay... great service and fast.... no complaints.. and they are made in Canada!

·
715 Posts
It has been great

The only complaint I have is that I had to cut a hole in it for the middle seat for a baby car seat strap.. other than that it has just worked... nothing sliding..moving... it just works..LOL

ViperZ said:
Excellent! How is the grip on it? It must prevent stuff from sliding around?

Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Seems like a pretty good deal, but what is this getting you over the standard floor offered in the X-Trail?

I could see how it would provide some more grip, but other than that it sounds like the standard floor covering doesn't get scratched up very easily and I like the washable aspect.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Uhmm.... Ahh... :rolleyes: The ability to accessorize?

I was thinking more for protection of the fibreglass surface, however I have that factory carpet for that. Then I was thinking as a protector should something spill.

More sound dampening? :p

Honestly, I think I'm just going bonkers while I wait for delivery of our new LE, so I'm looking for anything to tide me over :loser:

·
715 Posts
LOL

I have spilled only once and it washed up with no leaks... Enjoy your VDC LE.. that's what I have and I love it.

ViperZ said:
Uhmm.... Ahh... :rolleyes: The ability to accessorize?

I was thinking more for protection of the fibreglass surface, however I have that factory carpet for that. Then I was thinking as a protector should something spill.

More sound dampening? :p

Honestly, I think I'm just going bonkers while I wait for delivery of our new LE, so I'm looking for anything to tide me over :loser:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spilled on the rubber liner or the stock fibreglass cover?

You're going to have to post or send me a few pictures or your LE-VDC SCHESBH. It looks like quite the unit, and with all the work you've done to it, I need a bit of inspiration :) :thumbup:

Is it Silver? We ordered a Silver one.

·
715 Posts
Cover

Spilled it in the liner.... nothing leaked... of course I did not take any corners to fast .. I am sure that it would have leaked then... LOL.

I have pictures posted in the large X-trail thread.... I ordered the Sunlit Sand... My next purchase coming from Japan in a few weeks is the Signal Mirror Covers that they won't sell here...!!!

Stephen

ViperZ said:
Spilled on the rubber liner or the stock fibreglass cover?

You're going to have to post or send me a few pictures or your LE-VDC SCHESBH. It looks like quite the unit, and with all the work you've done to it, I need a bit of inspiration :) :thumbup:

Is it Silver? We ordered a Silver one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Signal Mirror covers? Do tell more..... :cool:

There is a lot of things I wish the Canadian Nissans had. I was over at the Australian Nissan site, and there you can order Cargoscreens, stainless bumper plates, wind wind deflectors... Navigation package. What gives?

Big X-Trail Tread?

·
715 Posts
Other Thread

If you have the time read the huge thread on the X-trail that was started a while ago... Nissan and aftermarket parts in Canada is an issue. I have their large accessory brochure but have not had the time to create a pdf of it. Many of the stuff is available you just have to push your dealer into ordering it for you. The mirrors are only available in Japan and Nissan Middle East. They look like the Mercedes Benz Signal Mirrors.. but for the X-Trail. For whatever reason... Nissan Canada refuses to bring these in along with many other items... let's say they bloew their Focus group studies... I personnaly do not think they even did any for the Canadian Market (I work in an Advertisement Agency).

I have a relative in Japan that let's say has contacts with many people in Japan. He contacted Nissan Directly and was able to get me the Mirrors... finally.

Many of my parts have come from various worlwide sources... since Nissan Canada was no help at all. I would love to sit down with the Marketing Director for the X-Trail and get a real answer on what happened... but I am sure that will not happen. I saw the story for the planning of the intoduction of the X-Trail ( In an Advert. Trade mag) for Canada.. while it was imrpessive.. they did not really ask the consumer what they wanted... it was corporate all the way...in my opinion they could have done a better job with Dealer support and product availability... I had to help my dealer (a friend) with Nissan.. it was sad.

The Navigation system that you mentioned that they carry.. is one of many .... none for the North American Market..I wanted one for my dash and if you see my images in other posts.. I read many reviews and purchased the Kenwood 7015 and DV4100 system.. with Voice navigation and commands. It is truly remarkable and the best purchase I have made..including TV/DVD/Weather Band, HD Radio, Sirius Subscription (Will never listen to CD's again) .. my next purchase is the headrests to put in Monitors and an amplifier.

I am also looking at a CarPC but using the new 1Din MiniMac to install... I do a lot of driving so these items are worth it for me.

In the Nissan Catologues that I have.. there are so many options... it's unbelievable... some I have no clue what they are... I hope to make the PDF soon.

Take care,

Stephen

ViperZ said:
Signal Mirror covers? Do tell more..... :cool:

There is a lot of things I wish the Canadian Nissans had. I was over at the Australian Nissan site, and there you can order Cargoscreens, stainless bumper plates, wind wind deflectors... Navigation package. What gives?

Big X-Trail Tread?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also purchased it on eBay.. for my Labrador dog. So far works good. My dog swim a lot, always wet .. and this cargo liner seems to be perfect for my "dog location"

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Stephen and Mike :cheers:

I found the post , and what a monster to get through :eek:

Stephen, after reading most of that thread, you sure are the driver for the Nissan Accessories Equality for the World! :thumbup: :thumbup: Great job you're doing have done lobbying and scourcing the items you have wanted for your truck.

I seen that Kenwood System in you LE, and it looks nice.... :thumbup: Thats a lot of work you have put into your truck, and you definitely take a lot of pride in it.

Thanks for all your great work and your love of somehting we (well soon) all have in common.

PS, I ordered the Osrams from Powerbulb as well after reading your comments on them versus the CDNT Silver Stars. I may still do a HID conversion, but these will do for now and at that price, how can a person go wrong?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Viper - that cargo liner is a good buy. BUT stuff still slips around. You'll surely need to secure it. For example I have a bin with various things in it like golf balls, golf shoes, golf spikes, golf clothing, and spare washer fluid. The thing slides around every time I make a hairpin turn.....it drives me nuts. :loser:

That aside it does a great job of catching spills and protecting the floor. For $ 50 what the heck. BTW mine cracked in -40. I guess there's not much you can do about that though. The product is good, period.

·
Fully Bolted + Juiced!
389 Posts
SCHESBH, ask your contact if he can get a hand on the factory Nissan fender flares and leather Momo steering wheel. Let me know the price of each (with shipping included). Thx.

BTW I'm getting my leather interior later this month. Have to keep up with your X:D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Terranismo, Very clean looking truck. These fender flares you're asking about, would they be like these ones here?

Those would (do) look great :thumbup:

How much performance gain have you noticed with all the modifications you have performed to your motor?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts