Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing a project for school, i can make any part i want out of carbon fiber or fiberglass

ive never worked with either, and im looking for a single big project or a few small ones for the car

i would like to do a fiberglass hood, or a fiberglass front grille, anybody ever do this on there own? and how hard would those projecs be? any other suggestions?

thx

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
a hood! holy crap lol. id go with the grill. do they supply you with the stuff? they give you C/F?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
91sentra said:
i wish my school would give me carbon fiber, all i got wasa bunch of well aimed pens thrown at me when i fell asleep. I think you should try the grill.
we have to pay for supplies, so i was kinda hoping for to do something fiberglass, as c/f is spensive

thx guys, any more suggestions or tips?

·
Registered
244 Posts
dont even attempt to do the hood, that is way too much work for a school project, plus very expensive for that much resin and c/f. The grill would be alot easier, do it out of fiberglass and then paint that, its alot cheaper.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
ryan7o7 said:
dont even attempt to do the hood, that is way too much work for a school project, plus very expensive for that much resin and c/f. The grill would be alot easier, do it out of fiberglass and then paint that, its alot cheaper.
when you add paint and clearcoat thats probably going to run as much as CF would.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts