Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in need of a exploded view of the carb on the Z24i motor. i searched on here and the internet and can find nothing. if some one has the means to post this in here that would be great. i have been battling a no spark issue and have got that fixed. and now the issue is fuel. i have fuel to the carb but noting in the carb. i need to know how this carb works so i can figure this thing out, and get to driving this thing.

thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got ICMs and a new battery.

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
check power to the injectors..

i know on my 86 truck the crimp in the service loop (wire harness) had corroded..

thus interupting the power to the tbi..

about 6 inches b4 the tbi plug ..the wire harness has a kind of loop ..

in the loop the 2 tbi wires are crimped to the one power wire coming from the ecm

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will look at that tomorrow after work.

are there any good places online that have good wiring diagrams??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks.

i have looked all over the net and found nothing.
things are hard to find for this truck......

oh should i have battery voltage or a ref voltage at the tbi connector??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
will i tested both connectors at the TBI at the 4 pin connector i had 3 dead holes and 1 battery voltage.

and at the 3 pin connector i had only 2 pins that were used but it was a 3 pin style connector which i had a 5volt ref voltage.

the 4 pin was at the driverside and the 3 pin was at the back.

and the colors on the 4 pin were black and green with different tracers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that was key on.

and not sure what you mean with the last thing you said???

ecm side and tbi side??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also there was some type of metal strap that was around the wires in the plastic casing that ended about 3 inches before the connector. is that just sheilding for the wire??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tested a few things tonight.

first fuel volume. it was great!

second fuel pressure and that was at @28psi
not sure what it is supposed to be but for a TBI setup i think 28 is plenty.

tomorrow im going to be putting a noid light on the injector plugs to see if i have pulse.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it ran for about 3-4 seconds tonight. on carb cleaner and the injectors are defintly the cause of the issue. probaly from sitting for a year and a half.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ahhh injectors, a very problematic part when left to sit. On my 68 510 project the injectors stuck open and flooded the 16v KA with fuel from oil pan to valve cover.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
narrowed it down that it is infact the injectors. they are getting pulse and fuel but nothing out of them. so i am going to take them out of the truck and try to clean them. if that does not work i will have to source some injectors.

anybody....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
took the injectors to work today cleaned them and pressured them up there and ran some injector cleaner threw them and they worrk great.

here inlies the problem:
i have reinstalled them in the truck and still nothing??? i am at a complete loss here. when i tested to see if they were getting pulse from the ECU they were. i will have to get my noid light from work tomorrow and test this again. i am not sure were to go from here. i guess if they arent pulsing for some reason now that will be one road to go down, but if they are this thing should start!?!???........right:confused::confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i have power to the injectors but no ground to them. i have ground and power pulse when the pigtail is not plugged in the the injectors, but when i plug it in i lose the ground and the pulse goes to 12v all the time on all the pins??? its like the injectors are internally shorted out? is this possible?, or do i have a failed ECU that is not suppling ground.

i have had them out and cleaned them and they fire fine on the bench when power is pulsed to them. so i put them back in the truck and i get nothing. i also tried clear flood mode and still nothing. i am not all that familiar with the Z24i set up so any help with this would be great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts