Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
(_(_)===D ~~~`nissantuner
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question...

Lets say I diddnt, did I flood it? How about if I poor some gas down the carb, does it matter which hole it goes down. I do this while cranking right?

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
nizmo559 said:
Good question...

Lets say I diddnt, did I flood it? How about if I poor some gas down the carb, does it matter which hole it goes down. I do this while cranking right?
not while cranking, do it prior, use bout a 1/4 cup of fuel to prime it, pump the pedal a few times as well, u can't really flood the motor unless u poured tons of fuel in, but jsut stay away from the exhaust pipes cuz when ever i prime my buggy i get flamethrowers

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the answer

So I got some gas poured it from the top of the carb and low and behold the gas comes thru the gasket. So i'll be putting a new one on and some new seal. Whats a good seal to use, do you guys know? I got some cheap autozone shit that obviously sucks.

·
1,198 Posts
u put a sealant on the gasket? hmm i left mine dry and i have 8 gaskets stacked on each other and no leaks at all

did u check to make sure the carb is sitting completly level? my problem was the generator was hitting the choke so i had to lift is 1/2 an inch wiht gaskets

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No seal huh, well i'm new to carbs so maybe I shouldnt put any. You know I have this spacer thing that I used on my other carb, that I diddnt put on this time, thats probably making it not level. I bet thats it. So i'll put that on no seal and see how it goes.

·
1,198 Posts
is the spacer a peice of metal? if so put a gasket on each side

heres my carb and the insane amount of spacers plus some homemade ones (my carb is on a bug motor so thats why it looks different)

·
1,198 Posts
yeah it'll be fun when i'm done, but yeah when i got my new carb i ran into the one problem of it not fitting, i'm getting an 1inch higher aluminumriser made for it pretty soon but for now my multi-gasket set up works, but yeah the gaskets should probably be dry make sure all the bolts are tight and makle sure there is no gunk on the bottom of the carb or the top of the piece it connects to, i found using a dremel and a wire brush makes cleaning gunk off very very easy, i've clean all of my wheel cylinders with one, and they work flawlessly now

·
1,198 Posts
yeah just set it to speed 3 and lightly go over the gunk and it willcome off and best part is it doesn't take any of the metal off so no need to worry bout messing things up! that came in handy for cleaning out my wheel cylinders, they hadn't been used in over a year so all the dirt and crap in the lines collected inside and hardenened but now they are clean as new, saved myself over 100 in new parts cuz of it

but check to make sure the carb is sitting cleanly and level on the mount

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man, appreciate the help. You know I almost got a Z31 a couple weeks ago. It was the special "shiro" edition. I was in shock to see it for sell at a dealer ship and the day I went to go check it out they sold it. How modded is your Z?

·
1,198 Posts
nizmo559 said:
Thanks man, appreciate the help. You know I almost got a Z31 a couple weeks ago. It was the special "shiro" edition. I was in shock to see it for sell at a dealer ship and the day I went to go check it out they sold it. How modded is your Z?
haha mines bone stock and staying that way lol, i'm turning her into a restoration show car, with only minor mods, i'm gonna shave the door handle and antenna off eventually, and a few other minor/mild cosmetic mods, but performance wise i'm only getting an exhaust

but right now the only non stock parts are the 4 speakers and a cd player

1 - 19 of 19 Posts